“Bland bad tasting food in a really strange location! Skip it!”

Margaritas Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #369 of 634 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Description: Authentically delicious food and drinks made fresh to order daily. Art and furnishings handcrafted in Mexico. For family, friends and community, the fiesta starts here. It's like being in Mexico without getting on a plane.
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Tried this place on a whim not finding anything else that would be good with kids in the vicinity. This location is odd and sits in the bottom floor of what looks like an old school, crammed into the corner basement. Parking is in the rear and is a bit of a walk to the entrance. This is a seat yourself situation which was odd and looked like the staff was working hard to accommodate. Should have known better but the food here is bland and just downright bad. The chimichangas had bad tasting chicken inside and the sauces and toppings are just horrible. The burritos tasted equally as bad. This is just not great Mexican food and the service although friendly was sloooowww. Never again will I make this choice for a chain Mexican restaurant. It just is not that good and for the price not worth it. Plus this place was so loud and rowdy from all the heavy drinkers, not a place for kids by any means. Skip it!

There are newer reviews for Margaritas Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed 29 December 2013

As always wonderful food and staff, enjoyed happy hour with it's great deals! We had the traditional margaritas and nachos, chimi changas ect.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Average at best - as a chain tex-mex, not my favorite. There are better places in town for national chain tex-mex.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I've been many times before, this time my sister and I went for Happy Hour on a quiet weekday. We visited the Brown Street location, downtown Portland, ME. I don't see a separate listing for them here. We arrived and were promptly seated in the lounge. Our waiter was friendly, knowledgeable and expedient. He tended to do some selling, but was not pushy. This is likely what the staff are trained to do, I'm guessing. For about $30- we enjoyed 2 traditional margaritas each, a small plate of basic nachos (which were just enough) plus baby chimis and taquitos, also offered at cheap happy hour prices. Everything was great, including our nice booth tucked away in a corner, and the overall atmosphere of the restaurant. I will, of course, return, as I like both locations, and I can walk easily to both.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

It was late after a full day of travelllng from Florida when our friends brought us to the restaurant. What a charming atmosphere, we thought we were back in Old Town, San Diego! There are a variety of margaritas; we stayed traditional. It was ok. Our guest had the Sunset Margarita but did not like it. Our waitress was a little quirky but efficient. The salsa was quite spicey; some restaurants give a choice. My partner and I had the taster platter. It was good. Another guest had the salad served in the decorative shell. All in all, it was a fun evening. A little Mexican music in the background might add to the ambience.