“Above average Hibachi”

Fuji Restaurant
Ranked #193 of 607 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Above average Hibachi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We wanted to mix up the seafood and get some hibachi. They would not accept reservations for 2, so we had a bit of a wait, thankfully the bar was big and open and the bartender was very nice. We enjoyed the group we were sat with, which always makes for a more enjoyable experience. Our hibachi chef was so nice and entertaining. My husband had steak and I had chicken. We both thoroughly enjoyed all parts of the meal, only thing I wish was there was more veggies.

• Visited May 2014

“Basic”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Nice atmosphere, good service but very basic on the food.
Inside the rolls it the fish seemed blended, almost like baby food. I personally prefer actual fish. The flavor was there but it was definitely lacking creativity
All in all I enjoyed it, but with so many other places to go in Portland it will be a while before I put this place back in rotation.

Saco, Maine
“Consistently Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

I've eaten here a number of times over the years and it has always been a good experience. I'm a creature of habit here and almost always order the chicken teriyaki bento box, perhaps because I really like it. It's plenty of food, includes the chicken, white rice, salad, miso soup, several pieces of shrimp and vegetable tempura and a sushi roll of your choice. Food and service are always excellent. I have only had dinner here once, but it too was excellent, we dined downstairs at one the hibachi tables and enjoyed the chef's performance as well as the food. Give it a try. Fuji has survived a long time in a "foodie town," there's a reason fir that.

Visited January 2014
Lauderdale by the Sea, Florida
“Delicious Food and Gracious Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

Though Fuji restaurant has very basic, if not meager adornment, it manages a cozy ambiance. Its very pleasant wait staff is professional and the food seldom disappoints. Both rolls and
sashimi are delectably fresh and delicate. Servings are plentiful. No stinting here. And Fuji has a great music selection--everything from jazz and Dixieland to contemporary pop. Any visit to this wonderful city might include enjoyable walks followed by a meal at Fuji. All sushi-mad foodies will enjoy dining here. You enter from the freezing cold, and a mug of delicious hot tea is placed in your hands. How welcoming and gracious. Very good food in a casual and fun environment. Highly recommended.

• Visited January 2014
Kennebunkport, Maine
“One of our favorites!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

Ahhhh what is there not to love about Fugi?!?! In my book there is nothing not to love!!! We walk in the door and we are always greeted like old friends coming for a visit. We always sit at the sushi bar & enjoy looking at the fresh fish, watching the chefs create their masterpieces & enjoying conversations with Jack & the other Chefs. What is our favorite, wow that's tough.... I always have to have a spicy scallop roll & casco bay roll. Jack always creates an amazing sashimi plate for us. The monk fish liver is a must as well! We have also eaten down at the hibachi & have an amazing time & meal. Thank you Fugi for always making our dining experience amazing!