“Somewhat Good Food Horrible Service”

Bayside American Cafe
Ranked #43 of 607 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Chicago, Illinois
“Somewhat Good Food Horrible Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

After an hour wait for Sunday brunch (this was expected) we were seated. We had somebody take our drink orders and after a long wait of nobody coming back to take our food. Another person came over and eventually took the food order. I ordered a coffee and a water which throughout my brunch was not refilled because nobody ever came back! I am a bit mixed on my food, my omelette was probably the best I ever had while the potatoes and pancakes were bad. I also ordered a cup of the seafood bisque which came out luke-warm with my meal. I am absolutely used to busy brunch as I live in Chicago but I am not used to being looked over just because tables are full. I really feel like although you are busy you need to find a way to make it work. I was awfully thirsty while eating and that is just not a good thing.

1 Thank Packrats0828

• Korean first
Portland, Maine
“Best Breakfast in Portland!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

Bintliff's is such an amazing spot for breakfast and brunch. Corned beef hash is to die for. Ginger pancakes are mouth watering and go well with the scrumptious bacon. The scrambled eggs are light and fluffy and perfectly seasoned. Never had a bad meal here. Also love that they serve Coffee By Design coffees, a great local brew. Have been going to Bintliff's for years and have always adored it. Wish they served dinner like they used to. We always recommend to friends.

Cape Cod, MA
“Lazy Sunday Brunch Must Try!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

I walked in this place on a recommendation from a waitress where I had dinner the night before and am quite grateful! I ordered the Corned Beef HASH, which was more corned beef by far than anything else, not that that's a bad thing. The potatoes consisted of several different types including sweet potatoes, which was divine! The waiter was a nice guy that was really laid back which fit the setting perfectly. Keep your eye out or you'll drive right by.

Barron, Wisconsin
“Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Had a pumpkin pancake that was amazing. Also veggie home fries was also really good! Definately stop for breakfast.

Staten Island
“Hearty breakfast in a homey environment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Saw positive reviews on Tripadvisor and needed a good breakfast to start our day. Went on Friday morning and wait was 10 minutes. Had coffee available while waiting. Great breakfast menu with many choices of Benedict type eggs and omelets with about 20 fillings. 3 type potato homefries are served with all the eggs. Excellent service and never rushed. The building is about 100 years old and hold artifacts from a old Seattle hotel.

• Visited September 2013