“AMAZEBALLS”

Ranked #43 of 634 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I did not know eggs could be so good.Lobster Frittata was outstanding.wish i had ordered it,I had the lobster benedict,also amazing.we waite an hour,but it was worth it.we put our name on the list & ventured out on congress street to check the local vinateg shops by the time we came back it was our turn.Go early if you dont want to wait that long.

1  Thank Rose L
There are newer reviews for Bayside American Cafe

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stopped by mid-morning on a Thursday, so were seated immediately. Loved the older, quaint New England feel of the place. I ordered the pulled pork hash and eggs, my wife the veggie fries. Both of us were impressed with the service, the quality and the portions. Neither of us finsihed our meal, and we skipped lunch as we were so full. It wasn't inexpensive, but wasn't much more than a typical breakfast elsewhere. Highly recommend if you're in the area.

1  Thank VeryRarelyTravel
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was my first visit to Bintliff's this year.... I came with a friend who has also been here before. It was a beautiful, sunny spring weekday, and we decided to take a table on the deck despite the fact that the maple tree was dropping its seeds everywhere.... which made for a very organic meal ! We were seatedt straight-away by our very friendly and efficient waitress. We ordered ice waters and iced coffees. For our meal we shared a large, single chocolate chocolate chip pancake with orange sauce. Then we each had the pulled pork with eggs (my friends' were poached, mine were over-medium) with 3-potato home fries and fancy cornbread. Portions were so plentiful that we both took home leftovers. This was a delicious meal at a fair cost. Honestly, I've never received bad service or a meal here which was anything less than very good. My only criticism of Bintliff's is where it is located, in that the back decks abut a trashy bar establishment next door, and some equally distasteful neighbors. So every once in awhile you'll get a nasty whiff of cigarette smoke and someone yelling or talking trash. But because everything else is so great, I will come back again, and again.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I'm not sure how we fell on this place but I'm so glad we did. We dropped in on a Sunday brunch time. They were packed. We had about an hour wait but it was well worth it. The food and drink were fabulous. You can view the chefs making the food while you wait. Great, great place. I would go back there in a second.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We were seated upstairs after a brief wait. Ordered hash and eggs and a Florentine Benedict along with juices, coffee and tea. The coffee and juices came after a while, but the waitress forgot about the tea. Corned beef hash is okay, kind of a simple deconstructed hash, and a huge serving. The poached eggs were hard cooked on both our meals. In the kitchen, the eggs are poached in advance and sit for awhile, probably more than a few minutes, and then are taken as needed by the cooks. It is disappointing that speedy food prep and quantity has overtaken quality here. The Benedict was very good. The potatoes are okay but too large and plain for my taste. The coffee is strong and delicious. The atmosphere is comfortable and "charming".

2  Thank merlinslap