“My families' favorite for the past 8 years!”
Review of Sala Thai Restaurant & Lounge - CLOSED

Sala Thai Restaurant & Lounge
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We live down the street from this restaurant and we LOVE the lunch buffet and frequent it often. It's a great deal for the amount of food you get. My kids are picky eaters but they've always loved this food even in their elementary school years. It doesn't look great from the outside so I don't think we would have thought of eating there if it wasn't for a personal recommendation. We have introduced Sala Thai to many people and it now is one of their favorites as well!!

2  Thank Nbrown623

Reviewed 20 February 2013

Sorry sala, but this was the first and last time I am going there. The food was amazing, but unfortunately, the service was horrible. There was only one waitress for eight tables. They said the rice would take fifteen minutes and arrived thirty five minutes later. Took ten minutes to get water and another five to take our order. It seems like that was a bad night for sala because all the other reviews say the service was great, but first impressions is what makes a repeat customer.

1  Thank Bbsmith_13
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Located on outer Washington Street, Sala Thai is a long way from the hub of Portland dining. However, it's worth the trip. The food is excellent and the dining experience has been great each time we have eaten there. Service is always attentive and prompt and prices are reasonable. The building housing the restaurant is nothing special from the outside. In fact, it looks a lot like the kind of building that traditionally houses a Wendy's. Don't be put off by that, because once you get inside, you find a clean and comfortable place, great service, and wonderful food.

Reviewed 13 December 2011

I've been going to Sala Thai with my family for years. You might say we're regulars. Thai food was something exotic and unfarmilliar to me at first. However, it took less than a whole Thai roll to convince me that this was as good as it gets. The atmosphere is warm and inviting, the staff are pleasant and helpful. It has the charm and flair of a gourmet restaurant while perserving the low-key, relaxing vibes that only a hidden gem can have. It's not as though I haven't been to other Thai restaurants (and been open to the possibility that the others could be at least equally as good). None could match all Sala Thai has to offer, at a reasonable price also. Do yourself a favor and go.

1  Thank Al A
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Great Thai food, lovely Pad Thai and great Thai Ice tea! overall great place for a casual bite in the North Deering Area!