“Excellent breakfast!”

Hella Good Tacos
Ranked #283 of 616 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 7 April 2013

My wife and I were driving south on 95 mid-morning on a Sunday. Thought we'd get off the highway in Portland and find some breakfast. Well, we asked the Garmin for local American restaurants and we selected Steve & Renee's Diner from the list. Very glad we did.

Nice neighborhood diner. Sat at the counter. Coffee was hot, excellent breakfast selections. My blueberry pancake was fantastic. Very nice golden brown, lots of blueberries, and oh so tasty! My wife's breakfast sandwich hit the spot; however, she did say that next time she'd ask for the English muffin component to be prepared dry, no butter.

Service, excellent. Waitresses treated us like we were everyday patrons.

Next time we're in Portland, we're heading back to Steve & Renee's!

1  Thank JoeNH

Reviewed 17 September 2011

It is what it is and it is wonderful. No fru fru food here but plenty of heart and great service.

2  Thank cek4
Reviewed 30 July 2011

As the previous 2 reviews stated this is a customer friendly restaurant. As stated on their menu "let us know if you are not 100% satisfied. I've eaten here 3 times and never been disappointed. The only meal I've eaten was breakfast, but they put up a good one. My wife ordered 1 pancake and that was a meal unto itself. I had eggs over easy on corn beef hash. I don't think the CB hash was homemade, but it was good none the less. I only have 2 criteria for a breakfast place, eggs the way I ordered them and coffee and a refill and thats it. Needless to say this restaurant covered my criteria and more.

2  Thank jimipage
Reviewed 22 January 2011

My family has been going to Steve and Renee's diner for over eighteen years, as long as we have lived in Portland. Located in an unimpressive strip mall, Steve and Renee's is warm and inviting with good food served at good prices. The coffee cup is always filled and the staff (long time regulars) are attentive. Having traveled a lot I have been to "local" diners that work for locals but are not particularly friendly to new faces. Not the case at all here. EVERYONE is welcome, there are sippy cups and booster seats for toddlers and many older patrons. As a matter of fact, many of the locals within have often helped the customer sitting next to them passing through town with a few suggestions...
Every Saturday night the diner has an all-you-can-eat turkey dinner with all the fixings. It includes biscuits, coffee and dessert and runs about $8!!! Bring the whole family!

2  Thank Rushmore45
Reviewed 13 November 2009

Steve & Renee's has been in existence for many years. My husband has been going there for breakfast for as long as I can remember (way before I knew him). The wait staff are all long-term employees and they are more like a family than work colleagues. They serve standard breakfast fare, but will accommodate every diner to their specific needs and likes. The diner closes early each afternoon as their focus is truly on their fabulous breakfasts (great omelettes, pancakes, eggs, muffins, etc.)...but on Saturday evenings (ONLY) beginng at 5 p.m., they do an all-you-can-eat fresh roasted turkey dinner...it comes in two sizes (child and adult) and includes a choice for dessert (strawberry shortcake is one of the choices and I think maybe chocolate pudding and several others)...The turkey dinners are delicious and very popular...You can choose dark or white meat or both, the fresh baked rolls are fabulous and you can get seconds on anything and everything...if you are not in line at 4:30 p.m., you will not get in right away, but the wait is well worth it...you will not be disappointed. I think the diner seats between 50 and 60. Lots of locals eat here and lots of folks run into people they knew from the old neighborhoods...our favorite waitress (she only works the breakfast shift) is Rita...she is a gem!

This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and

1  Thank BeeMelissa