“I don't even know where to start.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Street and Co.

Street and Co.
Reserve with OpenTable
Street and Co. is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 607 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$25 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dana St.
“I don't even know where to start.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

First of all, the ambiance of this place rocks. They have an open kitchen, brick walls and copper tables. Dried veggies and herbs hang from the ceiling and some of the dishes are literally served in a pan. The servers are attentive and knowledgeable. They have a nice wine selection. And then there is the food... oh my heavens.. I started off with the roasted beets and my husband had oysters...both were amazing. For our entrees, I had grilled halibut and my husband had scallops. We both ordered something different so we could share because everything looks just divine on the menu. And divine it was.. it was by far the best halibut I have ever had and the scallops were great as well. I cannot say enough about this place except go there- we will return every time we are in Portland!!!! This would be a great choice for any occasion- dates, celebration, friends....Anything.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Lafayette, Louisiana
“WOW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

How's this for a restaurant concept?: World class food at fair prices! This was by far the most incredible restaurant we encountered in our recent travels to Montreal, Quebec City, and Maine. Tables are close, but the "bustle" of this restaurant is part of its charm. We watched the cooks hard at work preparing fresh and delicious local products with flair and elegance. We were so impressed that we cancelled our reservations the next night for one of the "upscale" Portland favorites and had another trully wonderful visit to Street and Co. The scallops finished with Pernod and cream are to die for. Do not miss this.

1 Thank KnT_Lafayette
Boston, Massachusetts
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

Went on Saturday night waited 10 min for outside table no reservations, I hour wait for table inside. The wine selection was wonderful, the wait staff attentive, great knowledge of menu items very helpful! We got the fingerling potato taste with Harissa they were out of this world. The heirloom tomato salad was outstanding. The sole franchise was delicious as was the scallops in Pernod and swordfish Ragu we had one person in party who did not eat fish and was served a delicious pasta Alfredo. I would highly recommend!

Visited September 2013
Lancaster, Massachusetts
“Make Your Reservations in Advance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

I've tried to get into Street and Company for a couple of summers in a row when I vacation in Maine. I don't tend to make reservations too far in advance, and that's always prevented me from trying this highly rated restaurant. Typically calling a couple of days early results in no availability. This year I used Open Table two weeks in advance to get a reservation on the Saturday night of Labor Day weekend. The earliest I could do was 9:00PM. That's a bit late for my wife and I, but we were determined to try it this year and went ahead with it. I'm glad we did.

The food here is great. I started with their arugula salad with house-cured salmon and buttermilk dill dressing. I then had the pasta special for the night which was a yellowfin tuna bolognese over penne pasta. It was absolutley delicious. My wife started with one of their "tastes" and then was very pleased with her mussels marinara dish as her entree.

I have to say that the service here was excellent. Our waitress was very friendly and knowledgable about the menu. She was attentive, but not overly so.

You know a place is good when you're leaving your 9:00 reservation and the place is still full.

• Visited August 2013
New Jersey
“Busy... For a Reason”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

Of all the many restaurants I ate at in Portland recently, Street and Co. was my favorite. My husband and I heard Street and Co. is excellent and happened to be walking by it this past Wednesday evening. We decided to try it, but they were packed. To our surprise, the hostess seated us right away. The restaurant is very tight and loud, so I wouldn't recommend it if you're looking for romance. However, if you're looking for great food - this place is for you.

Even though our waitress was extremeley busy, she never made us feel ignored. For appetizers, my husband order the organic mesculin with house cured duck and I had the marinated tuna salad. Both were excellent, fresh, and although both had many ingredients, none of the ingredients overpowered the other. For dinner, my husband had the tuna bolognese special and I had the scallops in pernod and cream. Our meals were incredible and my scallops may have been the best I've ever had. I wish we ould have fit dessert, but unfortunately, we were both stuffed.

If you like creative, fresh, tasty food, visit Street and Co. You won't be disappointed.