“It's all about Special B”
Review of Lang's Express

Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Westbrook, Maine
“It's all about Special B”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Lang's is a great american chinese restaurant. Usually pretty quick to get to us in Westbrook. We always order the 'special b' which comes with 4 appetizers, soup or soda, and rice or lo mein. Our go to is always lo mein yum! The only thing I don't like about delivery, is they charge for more than one duck sauce whereas if you dine in you do not get charged for such. I can't speak for a lot of menu items but the appetizer selection is delicious. Portland is becoming such a snobby town that people seem to forget this type of food is the fast food of chinese not real chinese food.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank natasha h

Dallas, Texas
“Horrible nasty food”
Reviewed 3 April 2013

All the food that we got from this place was terrible!!!! The hot and sour soup was sooo spicy as was the vegetable "pancakes". Plus, they forgot to deliver half of our order. I will NEVER, EVER order from them again!!!

• Visited April 2013
Rockland, Maine
“"worst chinese around"”
Reviewed 9 March 2013

I visited this place one time and will not be back. They told me it would be 15 minutes and I showed up in 25 only to have to wait 20 more because they were understaffed. The food was horrible. Teriyaki beef tasted really weird. The spareribs were all fat and tasteless. The worst chinese I've ever had anywhere in Maine.

• Visited February 2013
Portland, Maine, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad service”
Reviewed 2 February 2013

I got three orders of beef teriyaki, which I have ordered in the past and it was pretty good. This time when I got home with it we opened the bag and there was an obvious ammonia odor and it had an obvious ammonia taste (I figured it was cleaning fluid that somehow contaminated it). When I went back to return it the gentleman told me there was nothing wrong with it and asked if I was looking to get another order. I was stunned. When I asked him to smell it, he did, and made the comment we don't use ammonia. Well of course I said, I didn’t think it smelled and tasted LIKE AMONIA PURPOSELY. They gave me my money back and did not even apologize for the inconvenience of my ruined dinner and having to go out of my way to return it. I was less bothered that it was contaminated as I was about the complete lack of admitting it. Had they apologized and sent me off feeling like they took some responsibility I never would have wrote this as people do make mistakes.

Try China Taste on Washington Ave- good food and good service!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Matthew G
Portland, Maine
“Yuck.”
Reviewed 25 January 2013

I got food here a couple years ago, so it's possible that it's changed since then, but yikes. I don't often meet Chinese food that I don't like, but I will NOT be going back here. The food was flavorless and greasy, and the sweet & sour soup had the consistency of snot.