“Fun place! Must stop anytime I'm in or around Portland!”

Three Dollar Deweys
Ranked #214 of 605 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$5 - US$21
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Been here 3 times and it never disappoints! Read where this place gets it's name on their menu! Definitely makes it humorous! My dad is the one who recommended this place a few years ago and now I can never get enough! This last time I went was nothing less than great! I ordered cheese fries as an appetizers and they were the best cheese fries ever! I've never ordered cheese fries and complained because there was too much cheese on it! Well, I didn't really complain, but you know what I mean! I got the shaved chicken sandwich which was excellent. The people in my group who got the fish and chips said the fish was amazing and very fresh! The burger my boyfriend got was enormous and too filling for him to finish! I forget what my other two friends got but I know they enjoyed it. The beer selection was also great! Many beers on draft! The poor waitress had to wait on the entire restaurant by herself. I was impressed with how well she handled it. She did a great job! I'll definitely be back next time I'm in town and you should stop by too!

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Stopped for a drink here while visiting from out of state. Bartender was helpful in suggesting some local beers that they had on tap. Lots of tap selections. We just stopped for a drink and the place didn't seem like anything really special, but prices seemed reasonable for beer! It was a good place for a short visit while walking downtown.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Stopped her after a slooooow experience across the street at In'Finiti. Friendly server, fun atmosphere, really good cocktails served. Self serve popcorn a great touch.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

My wife and I took her relatives to Portland to meet some of her other relatives and told them about Three Dollar Deweys. We all enjoyed our visit immensely, from the self serve popcorn, the draft beers, the well executed lunch menu, and the service of our server, Nicole. We had the Allagash White Ales, and our food ranged from sandwiches to veggie burgers. Everything was excellent and Nicole was very attentive to us, as well as the other tables she serviced.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Arrived on a snowy night for drinks and food. Very few customers due to storm, three bartenders standing around so you'd think the service would be good. Waited for bartender to stop playing with his phone to take our drink order. Never were asked if we wanted food and after our drinks were finished another bartender took our glasses and never asked if we wanted another drink? Left to go somewhere where customers are appreciated. We go here often and were so surprised at this service.

1  Thank Scubado2