“Eclectic and fun ”

Ranked #43 of 615 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Takeout
Description: can you change the hours closed Monday and Tuesday wed thurs fri 11-9 sat and sun 9-9 I can't get it to work..thanks colleen
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Great and fun! Beer served in tin mugs, food very eclectic. I got the we be jamming and it was very different but tasty! Nice change from all the seafood restaurants! It is a tiny restaurant though so be prepare To wait if need be!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were in town for a week's vacation and went to the Portland Children's Museum for a couple of hours before heading out for some lunch. One of the patrons of the museum suggests Silly's so we took a drive.

It is a very funky restaurant and, in the restaurant section on the opposite side of the bar section, the tables are REALLY close together. We sat at a four top with two children. Our table was close to the two top next to us with two elderly women sitting at it. We apologized for the kids (which we always do in case they act up a bit) and put them on the side away from the women. It is a fairly loud place so we were comfortable and the kids were playing with a couple of games they had for patrons' amusement. After we had ordered and sat for a few minutes, one of the elderly women leaned over and said, "I think it would be better if you moved your table down a few inches." HUH?? Like that would make any difference in anything and would have put our table right in front of the bathroom door. The kids were acting fine, so I'm thinking she just felt we were too close overall. Well, I'd recommend not sitting at a table that has another one right next to it. Once the table behind us left, the lovely waitress allowed us to move over once I told her the women next to us didn't seem to be happy with our presence.

Okay, so don't go there if you are uncomfortable with close seating as it is really close. BUT, once we moved we felt way more comfortable and were able to relax. And then the food came, and I don't care if I was sitting next to Attila the Hun, I wasn't moving as the food was sooooo amazingly good. My friend had a pad thai type thing that was wrapped in a tortilla and deep fried. Got to say it was so good, especially with the sour cream on it. I had the pulled pork sandwich and it was delicious and packed with pork. I threw the amazing cole slaw, tasted like it has a little mustard or something in it, and it added a little crunch and punch. So good. The kids ate burgers. Once they arrived, we split the one up thinking they could never actually eat a whole burger. They sure did devour the whole thing. Oh, and the fries are amazingly awesome. Obviously homemade. I have no idea where they get their bread (kind of square buns) but it is so good. We took a piece of strawberry cake home for later, so can't comment on that yet. Okay, so I took a slight break to go take a bite of the cake. Yup, really good.

We are so pleased we found Silly's and will for sure visit again before we head back home. Awesome place.

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Wanted lunch in Portland on a Friday holiday weekend. After giving up looking for parking down in the old port, we headed toward Silly's. No wait, easy parking, and the food is delicious. Bartender made us their spicy bloody Mary's with a chunk of pepperoni & habenero cheese, yummy! Ordered the Gravy Train, homemade fries with melted cheese and gravy, a must when eating here! Great atmosphere, food and drink!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Loved this place ! I had fried pickles for the first time served with a mustard sauce. Amazing .
If your looking for a funky upbeat restaurant, this is it. Music, service & food was more then I expected and I noticed theres an outside patio in the warmer months. Ask to be seated in the front dining room. The back room seemed more for families with little ones. A lot of healthy choices such as gluten free dishes, vegetarian & chargrilled pizza. We were visiting Portland from Ct and would definitely return on our next visit.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I've been eating at Silly's for years with experiences literally all over the board. There have been times when the service has been so frustrating that I swore I would not return. The food has always been at least good and sometimes very good. Sunday we arrived at noon for brunch with a party of 5 (they don't take reservations) and only had to wait about 10 minutes for a table. Three of the five are vegan which was why we chose Silly's in the first place. The vegan shakes were yummy, but the cups weren't full which was a disappointment. Our service was spot on. The waitress was attentive and lovely. We were served so quickly that it caught me off guard! The highlight was the food. Everyone raved about their dishes. They were hot and perfectly prepared. The vegan options were creative and absolutely delicious. I was so sad to accidentally leave my leftovers behind. I have mentioned before that as foodie a city as Portland is, we need more creative vegan options Thank you Silly's for "getting it". For those of you that have not been here yet, be forewarned that this is a funky, casual, and laid back atmosphere. It isn't for everyone, but if you have a fun side, you will love it.