“Delicious & Unique!”

Ranked #67 of 638 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Takeout
Description: can you change the hours closed Monday and Tuesday wed thurs fri 11-9 sat and sun 9-9 I can't get it to work..thanks colleen
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Chill atmosphere. Delicious food. Lots of vegetarian/vegan options. LOVE sitting outside and looking at all the fun/eclectic décor. Also love how they have a dedicated vegan fryer. We had the fried pickles for our appetizer. It's a big order, made for 3-4 people. They were perfectly fried and came with a spicy dipping sauce. The pizza is yummy and you CAN build your own. Doesn't say so on the menu. I HIGHLY recommend The Zombie Burger. It was THE BEST veggie burger I've ever had. The french fries and sweet potato fries were fresh and tasty! New favorite place. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I don't get to Silly's very often, but managed a visit just awhile ago. There are SO many good/great restaurants in Portland and most of us head to the Old Port to window shop and eat. To avoid the summer traffic, I headed up the hill to Silly's.

I ate outside- quite the "cute" area of decks- colorful and cool on a warm day.

The menu offers a large range of types of foods- deciding can be difficult. I ordered a lamb/pork burger sandwich with sweet potato fries. When it came, it was such a large portion, I immediately asked for a "to go" container. The sandwich was yummy- and messy! And the fries- must have been a whole potato, were excellent.

The one drawback is that parking on Munjoy Hill is a nightmare! Much of the close by parking is short term. The side streets have parking, however it is not very clear what is legal and what is not.

1  Thank Linda A
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

After spending a few hours with our three girls on Mackworth Island, we were looking for a quick dinner that would be acceptable for shorts, shirts, and flops. Silly's was within 2 miles so we rolled the dice and are glad we did!

This is a wonderful, fun little place to eat. Great menu, fresh local foods, and a superb environment. My cares literally melted away in the beautiful and eclectic outdoor seating area. Surrounded by brightly painted doors hidden amongst the greenery, a bicycle in a tree, and a small disco ball I sipped my homemade blueberry soda and laughed with my kids while amazing smells wafted from the kitchen.

Everything we ordered was delicious! From the "Garden of Eatin'" appetizer, to our meals of "Silly's Burrito" and "Good Will Fishing" everything tantalized our taste buds. In short, we can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Every time my husband and I visit Portland we stop at Silly's for their fantastic dishes and delectable sangria. I have been gluten free and they have a plethora of options. The pitchers of sangria and cups are tin keeping it cold forever. Excellent salads, sandwiches, cakes, shakes, and pizza. My husband won't let us leave Portland until we stop in.

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Great and fun! Beer served in tin mugs, food very eclectic. I got the we be jamming and it was very different but tasty! Nice change from all the seafood restaurants! It is a tiny restaurant though so be prepare To wait if need be!