“Treat yourself to a high class meal!”
Review of Dogfish Cafe - CLOSED

Dogfish Cafe
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed 16 January 2014

A special meal with friends, family or a business associate is what you'll have at Dogfish. Not cheap but not punishingly expensive for fresh carefully prepared, well-plated and tasty food. Enjoy!

There are newer reviews for Dogfish Cafe

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We were in a rush to make a concert, so we sat at the bar. We shared a fish taco which was excellent and the fries and pickle were the best! Wish we could have stayed longer and tried other delicious foods offered on the menu!

Reviewed 5 October 2013

My husband and I ate here a few times while staying in Portland for a few days. The staff was friendly each time but like several reviewers have mentioned, nothing is done very quickly here, which was a nice change from the usual rush of some restuarants. We rather enjoyed the laid back, relaxed atmosphere. Everything we ordered, from the appetizer to dessert was delicious. While you are waiting for your meal, they bring you a small bowl of dipping oil and bread which was delicious as well. So if you are looking for somewhere relaxed and delicious, try the Dogifsh cafe!

Reviewed 12 September 2013

We have made several visits to this cafe over a period of several years. Small place with a welcoming menu. Hard for me to get beyond the grilled salmon on field greens, blueberries, apples, and walnuts. Husband enjoyed his flank fajita. Everything was beautifully prepared and presented. Service was -- relaxed. Not a place to eat if you are in a hurry. We found the drinks on the expensive side as well. But the quality of the food makes up for these drawbacks.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Looked for a dog friendly restaurant after picking up a friend & her pooch at the Portland airport. We almost missed this place, as it's not much from the outside and in an odd place. They have a small patio out back, which doesn't have much of a view or anything, but we were happy to find somewhere we could have the dog with us. The inside was cute...kind of funky and inviting. We were also attracted to the creative menu we found on their website. Lots of good choices for a couple of foodies!

Service was very friendly, patient, and efficient...they even brought our dog a bowl of ice water! We made a couple of special requests, which didn't seem to be a problem with the waitress or chef. She was very attentive and saw to our every need.

The food was awesome. My friend had one of the best Cobb salads I've ever tasted! She had it tossed, rather than the pretty way Cobbs usually come...micro green mix rather than plain iceberg or romaine, big chunks of bacon, tasty grilled chicken (rather than bland poached). They even added dried cranberries, which was a nice addition to a perfectly balanced salad. My grilled cheese was yummy and they offered some gluten free bread options, which tasted like they came from a bakery rather than the grocery store. We liked our calamari appetizer also, even though I had to order it without the breading.

I will definitely go back next time I'm in the area!