“Too busy and crowded”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Food was ok. Lobster rolls were nothing special. Outdoor seating was nice, but not for the crowds and waiting in line to order food. Lobsters were good, corn n cob was a little tough

Write a ReviewReviews (1,784)

Reviewed 1 August 2014

This is by far the best lobster roll I have had on my Maine vacation. We found a seat outside, ordered our food was given our lobster buzzer and waited for our food. We were told it would be about twenty minutes, it was much less than that. The lobster roll was lobster with butter, not smothered in mayonnaise sauce, yum. I could taste the lobster, not the sauce, isn't that what it is all about? Oh, I loved the fact that the roll was served in a little holder, that way I could eat it and not drop bits onto the table. They fell in the holder and I just ate them with a fork when I was finished. No waste.

The price was very reasonable. I want another one just writing this review.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

This place is awesome! The menu is great with a ton of seafood specials and a decent amount of non-seafood options. I thought the clam chowder was too thick but the onion rings and fried haddock were perfect! There's a lot of outdoor seating right on Portland harbor and a few small tables inside.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Visited this restaurant for a late dinner on 7/30/14. Lobster roll was disappointing..not a lot of flavor. Slaw was not worth eating. If you are in Portland, Maine, try another venue.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We grabbed dinner to go here before heading out on Portland Discovery Tour Sunset Lighthouse Cruise. I got the fried whole belly clams, other people in my party had the hamburger, the haddock bites, the scallop roll and the fish and chips. Everyone enjoyed their dinner, my serving was very generous and delicious. We were told it would be about a 20 minute wait, and had our food within 25 minutes. The place was very busy, and everyone was helpful. There was a nice ambiance, I wish we had been able to stay and enjoy the live music! In terms of pricing, it seemed fair. I paid more the next day for a similar dinner and had a much smaller portion.