“A Romantic evening”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We bought a special from Livingsocial for this restaurant. It was a great find. Service was great!! Food was wonderful!! Enjoyed it very much. Plan to go back soon.
It was a great place for a couple or a family.

1  Thank Arleen R

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is our second trip to Maria's Restaurant and the food was outstanding both times. I had the Chicken Saltimbocca, which is Veal Saltimbocca on the menu but each meal is made to order so they made it with Chicken instead. It was absolutely FABULOUS. My husband ordered the Chicken Parmigianna which was very tasty as well. I was beyond full and still had some leftovers for lunch the next day.We used a Groupon. The prices are very reasonable.
Sonny was our waiter and he was very attentive and personable.
I would DEFINITELY recommend this restaurant to others looking for an Italian Meal.

3  Thank spifam
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Five of us dined here with family, including 2 teenagers,using a Groupon coupon.food was delicious, and portions generous. Sonny, our waiter, was wonderful! We felt he was our friend by the time we finished our meal. Maria's reminded me of restaurants I dined in on 2 previous trips to Italy...authentic Italian atmosphere & cuisine. The only negative was trying to find the place, and more importantly the parking lot, which is behind the building, but the entrance to the lot is on a different street. With all the one way streets in the area, it was very difficult to get into the lot. Then we had to ring a buzzer to allow us to enter the building and then walk up a flight of stairs to the actual dining area. But once we were seated , all the difficulties were forgotten!
There is limited on street parking, but the neighborhood is not the best , and walking on the streets would not be my choice. I would probably go there again for the atmosphere & food.

1  Thank Mary Ellen B
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We had my grandmother's 80th Birthday party here. They were great to accommodate our party on a holiday weekend with somewhat short notice. The food and service was great. We had a wonderful selection, with something for everyone. The facility did not have a highchair is the only negative.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

After anxiously waiting to try Maria's, my girlfriend and I had finally made it to this very non-descript place on Cumberland Ave., and we enjoyed a great maiden experience. I had the broiled haddock to try something very out-of-the-ordinary for a very traditional Italian-American restaurant, and it was delicious! Seasoned just right, with good hints of the traditional herbs of oregano, garlic, basil, and lemon. My girlfriend is a vegetarian, and the chef was very accommodating to help put together a pasta dish tossed with fresh vegetables in a home-made tomato basil sauce. The sauce was light and flavorful - in true Italian style the sauce celebrated the tomato and basil. Needless to say, the service was fantastic and very accommodating - definitely going back!

1  Thank Tony_NYC11235