“Nice Ambiance, Great food”
Review of Maria's Restaurant

Maria's Restaurant
Ranked #224 of 618 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$12 - US$23
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
windham, me
“Nice Ambiance, Great food”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My boyfriend, 1 year old daughter, and I just had dinner here for the first time. It's tucked away just outside of down town Portland we never even knew it was there...Excellent menu with lots of fresh seafood and veal. i had a homemade ricotta pasta dish and he had the zuppa de pesce, both were amazing. Meatball appetizer with roasted garlic bread (a little too toasted for me), but delicious none-the-less. They had a nice sized menu and great intimate setting, we will definitely be returning soon. They are only open 5-8 and only take about 10 tables at a time, so make reservations!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Erin K

Lebanon, New Hampshire
“A Romantic evening”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We bought a special from Livingsocial for this restaurant. It was a great find. Service was great!! Food was wonderful!! Enjoyed it very much. Plan to go back soon.
It was a great place for a couple or a family.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Arleen R
Portland, Maine
“Hidden Gem in Portland”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is our second trip to Maria's Restaurant and the food was outstanding both times. I had the Chicken Saltimbocca, which is Veal Saltimbocca on the menu but each meal is made to order so they made it with Chicken instead. It was absolutely FABULOUS. My husband ordered the Chicken Parmigianna which was very tasty as well. I was beyond full and still had some leftovers for lunch the next day.We used a Groupon. The prices are very reasonable.
Sonny was our waiter and he was very attentive and personable.
I would DEFINITELY recommend this restaurant to others looking for an Italian Meal.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank spifam
Portland, Maine
“Italian adventure”
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Five of us dined here with family, including 2 teenagers,using a Groupon coupon.food was delicious, and portions generous. Sonny, our waiter, was wonderful! We felt he was our friend by the time we finished our meal. Maria's reminded me of restaurants I dined in on 2 previous trips to Italy...authentic Italian atmosphere & cuisine. The only negative was trying to find the place, and more importantly the parking lot, which is behind the building, but the entrance to the lot is on a different street. With all the one way streets in the area, it was very difficult to get into the lot. Then we had to ring a buzzer to allow us to enter the building and then walk up a flight of stairs to the actual dining area. But once we were seated , all the difficulties were forgotten!
There is limited on street parking, but the neighborhood is not the best , and walking on the streets would not be my choice. I would probably go there again for the atmosphere & food.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Mary Ellen B
“Function/ catered on site ”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We had my grandmother's 80th Birthday party here. They were great to accommodate our party on a holiday weekend with somewhat short notice. The food and service was great. We had a wonderful selection, with something for everyone. The facility did not have a highchair is the only negative.