“The servers here is great!”
Review of Coffee By Design

Coffee By Design
Ranked #3 of 88 Coffee & Tea in Portland
Description: Coffee By Design, a Maine owned and operated coffee company since 1994, is dedicated to changing the world, one cup of coffee at a time by providing customers with sustainably sourced, traceable coffee. Owners Mary Allen Lindemann and Alan Spear were named Maine SBA Small Business Person of the Year, 2014. In addition to serving some of the world's finest coffee, Coffee By Design is committed to running a sustainable business dedicated to the arts, the environment, and the community.
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

I have been going to CBD for at least 11 years now & not only is the coffee great but the staff is quirky to the extreme. The key to the bathroom always has something odd attached to it. Once it was a My Little Pony figure! This demonstrates the outlook of these shops; of which there are 3 in downtown Portland & another in the LL Bean flagship store.

1  Thank CaroLucy

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Tried CBD at Congress, India, and even in Freeport -- liked it a lot every time. The two roasts I tried were distinct (one darker/stronger, the other milder and fresher). Service was friendly and fast. India St had a better setup for lounging and sipping.

1  Thank SteveDeanDC
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I dread having to settle for Starbucks - whenever I travel. I am grateful for coffeehouses like CBD. I only wish I would always have an option like this everywhere.

Great selection of coffee, great staff, nice place to enjoy your joe for a while (I was @ the India Street locale by the waterfront)

Several choices of coffee for your iced coffee - nice touch !!!

1  Thank UtahPow4Me
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Before I went to Portland I had a quick look on the internet and general consensus appeared to be that this was the place the locals flocked to for their coffee, and I can see why. There is a huge choice of coffee beans, syrups and types of drinks. I wanted to just try a regular coffee and it was one of the best I've had on either side of the pond.

I love visiting independent coffee shops and this has got to be a standout for me, the staff were super friendly and the atmosphere was very relaxed.

1  Thank Charlotte T
Reviewed 30 July 2013

CBD has several locations in Portland, all similarly pleasant to get a good cup of coffee on the run, or to meet/work/relax.