“Solid brunch spot...”

Cuisines: American, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 27 October 2013

A very cool place...reminds me of the truck stop diners in Northern Jersey, with an eclectic mix of friendly and hardworking staff and hungry diners. This is a place where you'd expect to see Bruce Springsteen having some coffee and grub. We sat at the counter...A lot of food at a great value. I ordered the "I" - scrambled egg whites, sausage, bacon, corned beef hash, hash browns, french toast, followed by clogged arteries and a heart attack. Dick Cheney would love this place (though I'm pretty sure no one in this restaurant was a registered Republican). My wife had the vegetarian omelette mixed with hash browns, and we shared a "grilled" blueberry muffin. This was my first time sampling a "grilled" blueberry muffin, and it was tasty. We'll definitely be back...

There are newer reviews for Marcy's Diner

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I stopped in for lunch at Marcy's because of a recommendation for a tour bus driver. The service was fast and pleasant. The food was great. I just got a salad, but it was tasty and reasonably priced. It was one of the better meals on my vacation in Portland.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

This visit included some of the best French toast I have ever had and wish I lived closer to return again soon. The hash browns were, by far, the worst I have ever had. They were barely toasted and were soggy and just gross. Even teaspoons of ketchup provided little relief.

2  Thank Keytown
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Very tiny local diner in a very interesting part of Portland. Only about six booths and 12 counter seats, so you will have a long wait during peak hours, but it is very worth it. Very friendly staff,More than ample sized meals at a surprisingly good price.Excellent French Toast, loads of hash brown potatoes, good coffee. Did not have, but saw what they were calling a"Panwich" as you might guess it was an egg sandwich between pancakes - huge! Lovely visit. Certainly children are welcome, but might not tolerate the wait.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Rated the #1 breakfast place in Portland, we had to try it. I tried the French Toast, which I have to try everywhere, but it was very dry. The food is cooked to order, so plan to stay a little while.