“Slow Service”

Yordprom Coffee Shop
Ranked #18 of 23 Coffee & Tea in Portland
Reviewed 13 May 2013

This neighborhood Coffee Shop has a wonderful patio, free wi-fi, and plenty of inside seating. It's also dog friendly. The coffee is good but not great. It's one drawback: slow service!

There are newer reviews for Yordprom Coffee Shop

Reviewed 2 March 2013

It had snowed heavily last week when we went by this coffee shop. There was one spot in the parking lot, and we went in for a coffee, ready as usual to be dismayed. The interior was warm, no doubt added by the number of people who seemed quite comfortable in their seats. We ordered an espresso and a drip. My better half J2 is the epitome of discernment where coffee is concerned. There are not many places she approves of. She lit up as soon as the espresso reached her lips. Of all the wonderful coffee purveyors in and around Portland, this one hit her hard.She tried my drip and pronounced it excellent. Excellent is not a word she uses when tasting coffee. So i think this may be a coffee-phile's version of nirvana. As for me, i had noted that the pastries looked particularly good. There was something in the case that looked like SBC's almond croissant (which I had fallen in love with earlier that morning). But that was not the case. This one was a green tea croissant. The other pastries were not of western origin. The case thickened. The giveaway was a "sugar bun" which didn't look like a brioche at all. I ordered this sugar bun - and was informed by the man behind the counter that he didn't throw these pastries away - preferring instead to consume them. I found out that they are made by a very prominent restauranteuer in Portland (and will not reveal the source here - you will just have to go taste and find out). The quality of the pastry was up there with SBC's. Which is already an ethereal experience - few come close to it on the east coast of the USA.
So here again, my highest recommendations go for this little humble establishment. I may not be able to come in and enjoy it as easily the next time. Expect lines in the near future!