“Wonderful food and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of David's Opus Ten

David's Opus Ten
Ranked #94 of 607 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$50 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Congress St.
Portland, Maine
“Wonderful food and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Had the chef's "counter table for two" facing the kitchen. One yummy dish after another (7 course and 5 wine pairings). Wine pairings are spot on--"reserve" pairings are worth the splurge, but "Opus 10" pairings also well chosen. Portions of food and wine are perfect for a tasting menu--less would be skimpy and more would be too much--when you get to the 5th wine you realize that while you may have wanted more of wine #2 or #3 because it was soooo great, it would have ruined you for the rest. Dinner at Opus 10 comes with lots of information and education, especially on the wines--the sommelier's knowledge of each wine is deep and intense, so if wine is your thing, it is a wonderful way to build on your knowledge, if not, your head might explode, but if it's "too much information" I'm sure all you need to do is say so. The staff aims to please, but never doubt that you are in good hands if you leave it all to them.

• Visited March 2014

Portland, Maine
“Still amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

We had another fantastic experience at Opus 10. Their restaurant week menu was divine. In particular, the opening 'lobster stew shooter' had a perfect blend of flavors and cream, light and yummy. And the duck breast accompanied by a chicken boudin wrapped around a duck center may be one of the most unique and tasty bits I've ever tried. Who needs chocolate when you get a banana ricotta brulee with poached pear! But we got chocolate too, in the likes of a chocolate grand marnier truffle. Again they bring it all together, knowledgeble, friendly and attentive staff and out of this world food. Great job!

• Visited March 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“One of the Best Restaurants Anywhere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

I am still talking about the fabulous meal I had at David's Opus Ten. The restaurant was recommended to me by the innkeepers at the Danforth Inn and I made my reservation a month in advance. When I got there, they showed me to my table which was at the chef's counter. And it was just me there. OMG! I literally got to chat with the chef and sous chef as they prepared their incredible creations--and the chef was so gracious, encouraging me to ask questions. I had the nine-course menu with premium wines--and it was bliss. The menu changes but I just have to tell you some of the dishes I enjoyed: Mushroom Gratin with a Madeira Cream Shooter; Quail Egg Ravioli, Butternut Squash, Brussel Srpouts, Pistachio and Brown Butter Nage; Carved Lamb Rack, Braised Leg, White Bean Puree, Kale and Oven Roaster Tomato. Wines included a Duckhorn Merlot (Napa,2010) and Don Antonio, Nerod'Avola (Sicily 2005). I was blown away by the service, the food, the ambience, and the welcoming vibe. And to get to watch a master chef in his own tiny kitchen preparing these exquisite meals was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Come here if you want one of the best meals of your life!

Visited November 2013
Amagansett, New York
“Portland Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

We found David's thru reviews in TripAdvisor and Open Table and we were delighted by the dining experience.
Even though the PEI mussels were a little disappointing, the rare tuna and the crusted salmon entrees more than made up for it. The tuna came with soba noodles, asparagus and crispy leeks, and the salmon had wasabi mashed potatoes and asparagus, and all was perfectly prepared. Definite thumbs up.

Visited January 2014
Sanford, ME
“Fabulous Food and Incredible Wait Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Stopped by at one of my favorite restaurants in Portland (Davids) to try their new Opus Ten experience and was absolutely blown away by the food, wait staff and wine pairings. Were here for a business dinner with five other co-workers and tried the seven course offering with their suggested premium wine parings, and we loved every meal. We actually sat after the servings and rated all seven courses, the cleaning palate offering and the wonderful desert and wines, and all six of our party members chose different portions of the meal to glow about. Realize that the Opus Ten experience isn't for everyone and is certainly pricey, but the food, wine, service and experience is not one to miss.

• Visited October 2013