“Great time had by all!”
Review of Walter's

Walter's
Ranked #18 of 616 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$21 - US$34
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Specializing in New World American cuisine using local ingredients, local beers, large wine list and creative cocktails
Reviewed 6 December 2013

My Mom and Sister were here visiting from CA and we decided to have dinner at Walter's on their last night in PWM. What a great decision!!! The hostess was very friendly and accommodating, our waitress was very pleasant and answered all our questions regarding the choices on their menu, but the best part of our experience (besides being together as a family) was the food. There were 10 of us and all our meals were wonderful, but 3 of us had the Short Ribs and of course we all shared and tasted everyone's meals and ALL of us agreed that the Short Ribs were melt in your mouth delicious!!! I would highly recommend going to Walter's.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

First, the address on their website is wrong. Then, the darkness--I like to know what I'm eating... The food itself was oversalted, and I like salt. All in all, not worth the large price--you can do way better in Portland!

2  Thank drdi44
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Walter's has consistently excellent food and service so good it's almost clairvoyant. The atmosphere is upscale without being stuffy, and they have an arrangement for free parking in the lot behind the building. Walter's has a gorgeous interior design and great patio dining in the summer. I would put Walter's on the same level as Fore Street, but a better value because of the free parking. Visitors who want a lobster & an ocean view should go to DeMillos. Visitors who appreciate delicious, locally sourced, exquisitely prepared dishes, right downtown with free parking - these foodies should try Walters.

Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Stopped by after a local wine tasting and as always was not disappointed . Ordered the Swordfish with a tasty wasabi crust and Bok Choy and my wife had the pan seared scallops with Couscous and tomatoes- both were excellent and perfectly cooked. Service was friendly especially considering we did not have reservations! One of Portland's restaurant standard bearers.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

My wife made reservations for us tonight, thankfully, as the place was full. It's open, it can be loud, probably always very busy. We were seated immediately and waited on promptly. Now a word about the service. We were fortunate to have a young lady waiting on us that was spending her first night on her own. Bravo to the management staff for a job well done in training staff. She was magnificent, period. Cannot remember her name but it would be easy to figure out, 7:30 on Saturday November 9.

OK. On to the food and drink. She had a Cosmic Dance, which was just a perfectly wonderful combination of flavored vodka and some other stuff that worked magic in a martini glass. I went with a nice craft beer that had a very unique start and finished with strong hops presence.

Started off with spring rolls for her and carrot bisque for me. Both totally wonderful with beautifully crafted flavors that complimented one another with ease.

She went with a Moroccan lamb special that was really wonderful. The lamb was very tender and with great flavor. I had the Statler, the most tender, tasty chicken breast I have ever encountered.

Kudos to Walter's for sourcing their meat, veggies and seafood locally (when available). Makes us very proud to be Mainers to have such wonderful meat, and poultry, as well as veggies, coming from our local farms and to be prepared so uniquely. We both agree that it should be our mission to work our way through the entire menu at Walter's. So creative. So tasty. Easy to find, easy to park. Great staff, even better back of the house crew serving up, what we both agree is some of, if not the best, food in Portland.