“Go for the brew, eat elsewhere.”

Fermentation Distillation
Ranked #403 of 640 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We had lunch there and were very disappointed. I had the burger which had little flavor and was overwhelmed by the roll. She had the salmon sandwich which was also blasé. Side fries or small salad were extra, we opted for the salad. They were tiny and under-dressed. We arrived early afternoon and the service was extremely slow, in spite of very few customers in the restaurant. With the dozens of wonderful options in the Old Port of Portland, this one has a lot of work to do to compare.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

So most of the breweries around Portland have samplers of their beers. This place didn't have samplers available but you can try whatever you want and then order half or full pints.

Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

While in Portland we decided to stop at Fermentation Distillation for a brew. They had an awesome deck on the harbor. We didn't have any food but got a couple of brews. Excellent beer and being able to sit outside with a harbor view priceless. They have only been open for six months and will have the distilled spirits for sale in the spring 2014. If you are in the Portland Maine area give it a try.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We visited another interesting entry into the vast selection of eating and drinking establishments in the Portland area. Upon entering, you are greeted by large brewing vats, through the adjoining large windows. The brewing process was in full view from your seat, very cool! We started with a specialty cocktail,I had a concoction called a Chartruse Swizzle. It was made with 8 Bells rum, mint leaf, and a type of bitters I believe. Delicious and unique taste! I ordered the Angus burger. The food arrived in a reasonable length of time, and the burger was very good. It had an aioli of some type I can't recall, but very tasty! My girlfriend, Jan, had a fig/lemon pizza, which she also enjoyed. My other two friends that dined with us, had the lobster Mac and Cheese. One of them had more lobster than the other, but overall they were pleased. I also tried one of their on site brews, the blonde ale. I enjoyed the beer, hoping to return to try some of the other selections. I feel they also need to possibly expand their menu, not enough selections. I believe they are fairly new at this location, and are probably testing what works, and what doesn't. We all enjoyed are meal and experience that night!