“Friendly Craft Distiller” 5 of 5 bubbles

Providence, Rhode Island
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Friendly Craft Distiller”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

Wandered into this place after a tasting at Rising Tide, and it ended up being one of the best parts of the weekend in Portland. The owner and staff were knowledgeable and friendly during the (free) tasting. We tried six different liquors, each very well made with unique flavors (including carrot gin!). The blueberry moonshine was like dessert in a bottle, but I ended up purchasing their regular gin. They also have cocktail recipe cards for each of their products available to take home. It's a great space with a small bar in the front and the distillery in the back. Hopefully they will start selling outside of Maine soon!

Visited February 2014
2 Thank elisawing

North Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Blah - Whole in the wall in a run down part of town”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Was not impressed. I guess that started as we drove to the place as it was not exactly the nicest of areas.

The place is a run down old looking warehouse building with a bar at the front for tastings.

It was busy but nothing I tasted stood out to me even the bluestone which I was expecting to like being a fan if blueberry.

Overall, they have a broader selection of spirits than the other Portland area distillery but the presentation made me feel like a downgraded experience.

If you are looking to drink for the sake of free booze then go here but if you want a taste and tour experience then go to New England Distilling.

Eliot, Maine
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Blueshine, a smile in a bottle!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

After reading an article about Maine Craft Distilling in Portland we decided check it out for the Blueshine, Maine’s twist on the traditional Moonshine. Upon entering you’re welcomed into the piecemeal of antique storefront/bar. The gentlemen behind the bar was knowledgeable but not a people person, coming across discourteous sometimes. We tried all six spirits they produce, 2 Gins, 2 Rums, Vodka and the Blueshine. The spiced Rum was excellent with a complexity of herbs. The non traditional Vodka, made of Barley truly was unique! As for the Blueshine, oddly enough I wished for a more blueberry taste! I say oddly because I don’t like the overly powerful flavored beers or spirits on the market. We ended up leaving with the Vodka and 3 Blueshine which will become presents! Good luck MCD and cant wait to see what else you come up with.

Visited October 2013