“Superb breakfast in Portland”

Portland Pottery Cafe
Ranked #163 of 623 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$10 - US$14
Cuisines: Healthy
Description: Providing a menu featuring lots of seasonal local ingredients, fresh healthy food and delicious homemade desserts.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This place was a delight. Breakfast early in the morning. A welcoming service, a fantastic omelet about three inches high, terrific pastry bottom. A terrific hash with eggs. Pastries in the place looked awesome. The only improvement would be a choice of a stronger coffee. Recommend highly.

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

We had the blueberry cheesecake and the vegetable frittata with toast and jam and bruleed banana. It was delicious, but the portions are quite huge - too huge Service was super friendly and nice, we would definitely come back.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

It's a great space. You eat surrounded by pottery - all for sale. The staffing, at least on the day I ate there, was unprepared. For example, my omelet was served and the wait staff didn't provide any table ware or napkin to use to eat it. The preparation was better than the staffing issues but nothing was really delectable. The bakery treats looked amazing but the cupcake turned out to be dry-ish as did the cookie. I'd go back again after sometime to give it a second chance. Parking is another problem. Much of the parking on the main street ranges from 15 or 30 minutes, a few are an hour. Sides streets are available but you won't like those if you are uncomfortable parking or walking on a hill.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

It is getting a 4 because the service was great. Very nice waiter and the chef seemed like a sweet heart also. With that said it is very expensive for bland luke warm food. tried the meat balls absolutely no flavor same with the lasagna. It could have been fantastic and the portions are daunting but I would rather have half the portion that rocked my socks off. The bread they begin with has so much potential...but alas. lukewarm and doughy. I want to love it and I will try it again to see if it can happen

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

My had the gourmet gluten free oatmeal! I've never had such amazingness!! I'm not crazy about oatmeal but was crazy about all the items added to it so I took a chance. Delicious!!! The perk of using their pottery for my morning coffee was such a great touch as well. Beautiful and very unique pottery work surrounded you as you enjoyed your food. The service was a little slow but we didnt mind bc we had just gotten off a very early flight and needed to relax. Workers were very friendly. They have the largest cookies and rice krispie treats I have ever seen. The only downside to this facility was the cleaniess of the bathroom and that ranks on pretty high priority of my importance list. If bathroom isn't clean how can I trust how clean the kitchen is? So that was the disappointing part. But I would go back for a second visit maybe it was just a bad day kinda thing.