The Westin Portland Harborview
Very Good 4/5
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
1,166 results
All reviewsrooftop barheavenly bedfront desktop floorfloor loungeold portvalet parkingarts districtself parkroom keyfree shuttleshuttle servicevery nice hotelguest roomscongress streetnice staycorner room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at this property for one night as a mini-getaway without our kids. I have to say that everything was perfect from the moment we checked in until the moment we checked out. The gentleman who checked us in was extremely helpful in assisting us with transportation (free shuttle) to dinner that evening as well as telling us about all the hotel had to offer.

We started the evening by having a cocktail and a small bite to eat at the Top of the East. This lounge had a really nice atmosphere and our server was excellent.

The room, although not very big, was very well appointed, thoughtfully laid out and extremely clean. We stayed in a king oceanview room.

The valet and shuttle staff were extremely welcoming and very helpful always asking if they could help. I only wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
BWennerstrom, General Manager at The Westin Portland Harborview, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Thank you for choosing the Westin Portland Harborview for your recent getaway. We hope you can stay longer next time!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Stay here on New Year's Eve and it was exceptional.....the old hotel has been beautifully renovated, the Top of the East and and Congress Street were outstanding and the service exceptional and friendly

Portland has needed a Starwoods and this is a great addition

Room Tip: Ask for Harbor view
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
beaulieur, General Manager at The Westin Portland Harborview, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Thank you for choosing us for your recent stay to Portland! We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Stayed one night, check in was smooth Platinum status was acknowledged and was upgraded. Hotel is very nice brand new. Room was very nice heavenly bed was perfect! My only issue with the room was that I was expecting the usual heavenly shower with the two shower heads which I think is the best, but all rooms have the big square shower heads where the water just flows down and I think the water pressure was very light a disappointment for me. Very nice bar on the 15th floor with nice views. Ate at the restaurant in the lobby and was very good and great service as well. Parking is 26 in the garage or I believe 24 for valet so factor that into your cost. Overall excellent property and I will return. No pool or hot tub which I missed.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your business. We appreciate your loyalty to Starwood and Westin. We are also excited to offer a Starwood option in the Portland area. We are excited to have our property feature the new Heavenly rain fall shower head. We have since resolved the low water pressure issue. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

As frequent visitors to Portland, Maine, we are happy that the city finally has a top-notch hotel. The renovation of the old Eastland Hotel is nothing short of spectacular. And the service - from the doorman to reception to the bartenders and servers - was first-class! Drinks at the Top of the East Lounge are worth it - just for the views of the city alone! The breakfast, included in our reasonable rate, was truly great! All that said, hotel renovations are still in process, and there are still a few kinks for them to work out. Our room had a couple of AC plugs that were still plugged and a noisy heater fan that blew cold air onto the bed. However, I trust these things will be fixed. We'll be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank eek2006

Thank you for the review. We were pleased to be able to renovate the former Eastland and bring it back to its glory. We agree the views from Top of the East are spectacular! Thank you for choosing the Westin Portland Harborview for your recent stay. Come back soon!

Reviewed 6 January 2014

OK people, listen up, I've stayed at the Ritz, I've stayed at the Four Seasons, I have stayed at the finest of the finest and they are the finest, but I have to give credit to this Westin in Portland, ME. the staff is OUTSTANDING - the service was superb. every single staff member was kind, courteous and gracious - I felt like I was at the Four seasons!! will visit them again. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We take great pride in hiring a staff who loves to serve our guests! We hope to see you again soon!