“Amazing Hotel”

Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Portland
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Amazing Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for a weekend getaway and we could not have been more amazed at this hotel. The service was amazing from the minute you pull up. The bellman knew you by face and were always very warm and welcoming. The rooms were clean, spacious, and very modern. The bar on the rooftop was a certainly a bonus with an amazing view of the city. We definitely will be back!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Melissa_huynh
BWennerstrom, General Manager at The Westin Portland Harborview, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Thank you for choosing the Westin for your recent stay in Portland! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your experience from the bell attendants as well as the views from our spectacular rooftop bar, Top of the East. We hope you come again soon!

Bruce Wennerstrom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Beverly, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

My wife and I and our best friends just returned home from a weekend stay at the Weston Portland Haborview. As with most of the other reviews you read, from the time we pulled up in front to the the second we pulled away, there could not have been a more attentive staff. I cannot say enough about the shuttle service. Where else can you go, park your car and never touch it until you leave. The rooms were very nice, somewhat modern, bed was very comfortable. Room service was superpurb. We were espically impressed by Resturant manager,Erica. Can't wait to return for a another weekend getaway this summer.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Joe S
Thank you for your feeback. We are fortunate to have Erica as part of our food and beverage team. We are looking forward to your return visit this summer!

Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

My husband and I live in the area and stayed one night at the recently renovated hotel as a night away from our kiddos. The service from the very second we pulled curbside for valet (a $26/day charge) was top notch. They were very helpful and the staff at the front desk were very welcoming, helpful and happy to see you. The rooms were very nice, on the small side, but very clean and tastefully decorated. The view was great from our room. We upgraded to a premium room. I have to say, I was a bit disappointed in the "heavenly" bed - the sheets were a bit scratchy and the mattress with a bit firm and lumpy, not really what I was expecting. The bathroom was very nice and the towels were nice, too. We did have some cocktails on the rooftop bar at the Top of the East. Once again, the service and atmosphere was top notch. the view was just awesome and will definitely return again. Overall, I think the hotel was great and would definitely stay again. I hope the service and staff stay the same because I am not sure it can get much better.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank chaquita213
Thank you for choosing the Westin Portland Harborview for your getaway! I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and are looking forward to returning. We hope to see you again soon!

Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

I stayed in this Westin for just one night this past week. From the minute we arrived we were greeting with unbelievable service. They were beyond polite and friendly. They helped take everything out of the car and up to our room making sure we had everything we needed. They also provide a free shuttle to and from the hotel whenever you would like. Not to mention, the hotel is gorgeous and has the most popular bar in portland right on the roof! And if you are a young female, they have very attractive guys working here! Overall, we had a tremendous stay and it was well worth the money! I will only stay in this hotel when I go to Portland!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DArcy D
BWennerstrom, General Manager at The Westin Portland Harborview, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thank you for your comments. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will join us again soon!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

Lots of grays and taupe and clay colors. Very much the look that screams 2012 spa hotel. Our room on the 14th floor was fairly small - given that it was to be premium room. Lovely view, but no where to sit and look at the view. In fact there was no comfortable chair in the room.
Positives: The finishes are amazing. Lovely muted colors and perfect sheets and beds. Location for theater and museums could not be better.
Negatives: it took FOREVER to get the car via their valet system. One elevator was operating on a busy Saturday night, when there were many, many people visiting roof top dining/club.
Overall -- this is a nice addition to the hotel scene in busy Portland. I think there are some issues with pricing and what one gets for that pricing. But, we may visit again soon.

Room Tip: Not sure if using the valet has any advantage, there is a garage next door that appears to be easy a...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
BWennerstrom, General Manager at The Westin Portland Harborview, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Thank you for the review. We appreciate your feedback. I apologize about the long wait for retrieval of your vehicle. The advantages of valet are of course 24 hour service and curbside pickup/drop off. We now have three operational elevators to guest rooms.

We hope you choose Westin again should your travels bring you to Portland!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

I would go out of my way to stay at a Westin hotel after this wonderful visit with my pooch. Everyone here was incredibly kind, helpful & thoughtful. My dog was given a bed, food & water bowls, and lots of love. The hotel is nicely designed, comfortable, affordable and well situated in the city.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for the review. We do love dogs! Thank you for choosing Westin. Come back soon!

Framingham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

What an amazing job this hotel did with their renovation! I work for Starwood and was able to secure an employee rate for New Year's Eve 2014 so my boyfriend and I decided to take the trip up to Portland. I'm so glad we did! From the moment we got out of the car we were treated like the most important guests at the hotel for the night. We were greeted by a bellman, valet, as well as one of the managers welcoming us and taking our luggage and guiding us to the front desk for check in. The hotel looks amazing, but that only goes so far if you don't have a staff to support it. This hotel DOES. Their staff compasses completely the Westin brand and the hospitality experience overall. We were checked into our room and offered help with dinner reservations for the evening. We absent mindedly left two things in the car and on two separate occasions asked the bellman to retrieve them which he did very quickly! We headed up to Top of the East for a pre dinner drink - what a great atmosphere! We were greeted very quickly and served expeditiously as well. We returned to the hotel after dinner for a great night's sleep - we slept until 10 am with no idea how late it was! It felt so good to be able to relax. I think my favorite part was breakfast the next morning in the hotel restaurant, C - Squared. We were treated by having Evan as our server, who was talkative, efficient and able to give us recommendations as well. We were introduced to the General Manager also who was there on New Year's day! Impressive! Needless to say, we had an amazing start to 2014 and booked our next trip in the car on the way home. Bravo to an awesome stay, fabulous staff, and beautiful hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and had a great New Years! We take pride in our staff who continually are recognized for their superior service. Thank you for your kind words. We are looking forward to your return visit!