“Beautiful Hotel”

The Westin Portland Harborview
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I booked my wedding reception here and the hotel is beautiful both the guest rooms and the ballroom. I tried the lobster rolls at the restaurant and it was the best I have ever had. The staff has been great to work with as well. I can't wait for my wedding day .

• Stayed: April 2014
BWennerstrom, General Manager at The Westin Portland Harborview, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Congratulations! Thank you for choosing the Westin Portland Harborview for your wedding reception. We are greatly looking forward to it!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I've stayed at this place when it was the old Eastland Park, and the Westin a much, much nicer, but also, much more expensive. I had originally booked a suite and requested a high floor for Memorial Day weekend, not so much for the view (although that is nice) but because lower floor rooms can be noisy, particularly ones that face High St. When we checked in, we got a low floor suite right on High St. While it looked really nice and was huge, we could tell already that the street noise would be bothersome. I called down to the front desk, and manager told me that while all the suites were sold out, he could show us another room up on the 12th fl. that was very private had great views. Sure enough, when we saw the room, although, it was obviously much smaller than the suite, it had floor to ceiling corner windows with great views of the bay and it was in a private little corner on the north side of the hotel (on the opposite end of the Top of the Park), so we moved up there and were very happy.

The only meals we had at the Westin were breakfast - we booked a special breakfast package through AAA. Breakfast was pretty good, but really expensive - it would have cost the two of us in the range of $50 (not including tax or tip) per day, if I hadn't booked the AAA package. I would expect that in a fancy business hotel in NYC, SF or LA, but not in Portland, ME. We also had drinks with some local friends at the Top of the Park, which has the same spectacular view, but is nicer, and a bit larger than before. Drink prices were high, but not outrageously so.

I also thought the valet parking service was very good. I've read some complaints about the cost, but I thought $24 per day was not that bad. If you are dropping off you car and don't plan to use it much until check out, then parking at one of the nearby muni lots may make sense, but since we were using our car 2-3 times each day, then having the unlimited in/out was really convenient.

Room Tip: Rooms that are higher up and away from High St. are quieter, but rooms on the 14th fl right under th...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the review. I'm glad to hear you were able to experience both our restaurant C2 and Lounge, Top of the East. We are looking forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Very nice place. Clean, new, big.
I will keep an awesome memory of the car valet crew: nice ,efficient, pro-active.
We found the breakfast super expensive (~$30 per person: coffee, juice, sandwich, yogurt).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. Our valet team continually recieve praise from our guests. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Overall had a great experience at the hotel. It was what you would expect from a new standard city Westin hotel. The BIG plus is the service. The staff is kind and willing to help assist or offer advice to the out of towner. Also the 15th floor has a great almost 360 degree view of all of Portland, and perfect for an afternoon drink. The downside is that this hotel is off the beaten path, and while the hotel offers a free shuttle to almost anywhere you would want to go, the walk is about 10-15 minutes to the old port.

As a plat SPG member I would recommend this and stay here again. I am glad there is finally an SPG property in Portland.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for the comments. We are pleased to be able to present a Starwood option in the Portland, ME area. Thank you for choosing the Westin Portland Harborview.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I booked this hotel for the view and on arrival was placed in a room with a 10% view of the water. I was told by the front desk that my room was considered a water view room and billed for the deluxe view. The room was very nice with a wonderful shower. The staff and food in the restaurant C2 were very good. The workout facility was large and had new equipment. Parking was expensive and there is a fee for wifi in the room. I did not find the front desk staff nice or helpful not only to me but others who were questioning room issues. I did choose the green option to find that in room coffee was not restocked. Multiple times that I tried to speak with the concierge, they were away from the desk with no time posted. The location was good with many dining choices near by.

Room Tip: Try Marcy's Diner ( cash only- but great muffins) Bintliff's American Cafe and Hot Suppa for...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank TKDDallas
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel when we were in town for a wedding. What a great hotel experience! The staff were so friendly and went beyond expectations to help us. The entire hotel was modern and clean and felt luxurious everywhere! The rooms were amazing, and the bed was so incredibly comfortable! Room service was on time and everything was hot and fresh. The restaurant downstairs was a great experience too. We ate dinner there 3 times and had breakfast there 1 time during our stay. The food was amazing, and again the staff were wonderful. There is a cocktail lounge on the top floor of the hotel. What an amazing view, and it was so nice to just relax with a few cocktails and have great conversation. We were enjoying our stay so much, that we actually extended our stay a few days! I cannot wait to return!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ctburke26
BWennerstrom, General Manager at The Westin Portland Harborview, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Thank you for the review! We were so glad you were able to extend your stay. We hope to see you again soon!

Be Well,

Reviewed 21 May 2014

From check in to check out we had a great experience. There were 4 of us in two rooms, wish we could have the two rooms together but everything else was really nice. Cream, brand new, immaculate. A bit noisy with weddings graduations etc going on but still a great place to stay.

Room Tip: We paid the lowest rate $219.00/ night, a Saturday, May 17th, a good value for one night on a very...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for choosing the Westin Portland Harborview. We hope to see you again soon.