“Lovely!”

Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Portland
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Lovely!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Lovely hotel, excellent service, gorgeous decor, incredibly comfy bed, spacious room and bathroom.

Location possibly a bit out of the way if you have mobility issues but was perfect for us.

Only thing that could be improved is the parking - valet was very good but nothing beats being able to jump in your own car on a whim.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Ginny P, Manager at The Westin Portland Harborview, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our tripadvisor page. It is wonderful to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Next time you come to visit, please take advantage of our shuttle! It can take you down to the Old Port district in minutes!

Best,
Ginny

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Reviewed 16 June 2014

There was nothing particularly wrong with our stay, but nothing spectacular either. For $200 plus a night we expected a little more. For your money you get a clean room and not much else. If you are going to spend the money you would be better off staying at one of the other big name hotels in the downtown area. The Hilton for example. Other area hotels we have stayed at in this price range have premium toiletries, free bottled water and a free snack basket waiting in the rooms for you. They also have coffee and lemonade in the lobby at all times and put out fresh cookies every afternoon. The Westin has no extra special touches, they offer just a standard room. Also, $25 parking charge each day of your stay is ridiculous.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Ginny P, Manager at The Westin Portland Harborview, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for this feedback in regards to your recent stay with us. I apologize that you did not see the value in staying with us at the Westin. I appreciate the suggestions you have offered and we will certainly consider these at our property moving forward.

I hope you consider us the next time you come to Portland. We truly aim to not just meet but exceed our guest' needs and desires and we hope to have the opportunity to gain back your business in the future.

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for Work business meeting. From the second I pulled up the professionalism was over the top. Couldn't think of one thing negative about the staff. Concierge, Valet, check in, the staff on 15th floor lounge. All amazing. The room. Had a corner room. Very clean. Great view. The bed was ultra comfy. Loved the waterfall shower.

The hotel has a courtesy shuttle. Classy. Starbucks across street. 10 min walk to commercial street. Overall-a+++.

Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for this great tripadvisor review! We are excited to see such positive comments in regards to our staff and property overall. We look forward to seeing you again!

Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Recently returned from a weekend trip to Portland. Stayed at this property as the host hotel for a friend's wedding and because of elite status in the Starwood system.

Had a few hiccups, but overall an excellent property that was incredibly convenient to anyplace we'd want to go in the area. First, the challenges. Most centered around transportation. We specifically didn't rent a car because we understood the Westin offered a hotel shuttle service, which they do. Fair warning though that it can be a bit spotty and is not on a regular loop. Upon arriving at the airport and calling the hotel to discern the shuttle situation, I was informed it would be about 20-30 minutes before they'd be able to send a someone to pick me up. I ultimately just grabbed a cab from the airport to the hotel. On the return to the airport on Sunday, my wife and I had two distinct experiences. I had not scheduled an early morning ride (I had a 6:15am flight) so anticipated I'd just grab a cab to airport, but the hotel driver didn't have any conflicting appointments, so we immediately jumped in his car for the quick 15 minute drive to airport. The flip side, my wife who was on a mid-morning flight and had reserved a ride at the front desk, went downstairs a few minutes before the agreed upon time only to see the car pulling away without her. The desk agent chased the car down and she proceeded to the airport. Again, just a few logistical kinks to work out.

The stay, staff and accommodations were great. My Starwood status was recognized and I was pleasantly surprised on a late May/early June weekend, was able to get a nice harbor-view room upgrade. Room spacious. Customary awesome bed. Great shower and amenities.

Would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our tripadvisor page. I am glad to see that besides the few shuttle issues, you enjoyed your stay with us. I sincerely apologize about the shuttle problems you encountered. We have shared your feedback with the valet/front office team and are working to correct the issues you and your wife experienced.

Thank you for your kind words in regards to our staff and accommodations! As an SPG guest, we appreciate your loyalty and for choosing the Westin Portland Harborview for your travels.

Wrentham, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The hotel is a complete renovation and was like brand new. The staff was over the top helpful and our room was a delight. The beds are truly comfortable and the room darkening shades made it easy to over sleep.
The one draw back is the parking. You pretty much have to valet and when they say call ahead 20 minutes before you need you vehicle they mean it. No fast getaways. All in all a wonderful time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our tripadvisor page. I truly appreciate the feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your guest room and our Heavenly Bed. I do apologize about the issues you had in retrieving your vehicle in a timely manner. I will pass down your comments to address with our valet management team.

We hope to see you again!
Waltham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I am from Portland originally and was very excited to go home for my 30th birthday and stay at the Westin on a Saturday night in January. Unfortunately this was probably the worst hotel stay of my life. The climate control was not working in the room, which made sleeping very difficult. I had an early start that Sunday and there was a problem with our outlets so the hairdryer and coffee maker wouldn't plug in. When I called downstairs they didn't even offer to send anyone up. So I had to go out into the freezing cold with wet hair.

Seems other people enjoyed their stay, so perhaps I was just unlucky.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shari B
BWennerstrom, Manager at The Westin Portland Harborview, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of. Please reach out to me directly to discuss your experience in more detail.

ryan.beaulieu@westinportlandharborview.com

Be well,

Ryan Beaulieu
Front Office Manager
Nashua NH
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed for a long weekend for a business conference. Newly renovated and re-opened, this hotel is lovely! The staff are very welcoming and friendly. You must go up to the lounge on the 14th floor for the beautiful views. My hotel room was comfortable and I loved the waterfall shower head in the bathroom. Within walking distance of restaurants and local attractions, and k van transportation is available.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank gssuzy
BWennerstrom, General Manager at The Westin Portland Harborview, responded to this review, 7 June 2014

Be well,