“Excellent service in top location”

The Westin Portland Harborview
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Portland
Richmond, Virginia
“Excellent service in top location”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

On a 2-night stay in August, I enjoyed both my room and accompanying service at the Westin. Although, it does take up to 20 minutes for the valet to retrieve your car from the parking lot, they do tell you this up front. They suggest that you call before you leave your room. I found that it usually took less than 20 minutes. The room was perfectly clean and outfitted as I have come to expect from Westin. Even the housekeepers in the hallway greeted me as I walked by. The concierge and check-in personnel were also polished and helpful. I enjoyed a scrumptious flatbread sandwich at the scenic rooftop bar one night. I thought the service was excellent despite the large number of patrons. The area surrounding the hotel seems safe for walking. Lots of other eateries nearby. The room was a little on the pricey side but I thought it was worth it given the quality of the rooms, the good service and the high season in coastal Maine.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room when you make your reservation and they will likely accommodate you.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Ginny P, Manager at The Westin Portland Harborview, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on our tripadvisor page. It is wonderful that you enjoyed your time on property and in Portland! Thank you for your kind words in regards to our staff! They truly aim to go above and beyond for our guests.

We hope to see you on your next visit to Portland!
Ginny

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
places
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

The Westin Portland ME was just perfect.

Beds are impeccable. Views of water. Very nice bath tub. Big room.

Lots of great eateries very close (Green Elephant vegetarian bistro was phenomenal - went twice).
The Speckeled Axe was top notch for coffee. Went several times. The pour over is just amazing.
Eventide Oyster was nothing short of AMAZING (lobster roll heaven).

Walking distance to Old Port.

Post office, laundry and banks nearby.

I can't think of a better place to stay.

Only thing is that the roof top bar is not really a roof top bar. It is just on the top floor, but it is really nice even so.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank travelbugdk
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on our tripadvisor page! I am so glad you enjoyed your room and took advantage of all the restaurants near by. You enjoyed some of my favorite spots!

We truly appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again!

Brentwood, New York
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I booked our King room through Priceline for a notable Anniversary. We arrived at 1pm and were given a standard room with two full beds. When pressed for the King room booked, the staff passed it off as no choice take it or leave it. We made the best of it. There is no influence to be a SPG member(Starwood Preferred Guest) or booking through Priceline. you would think that after disappointing a guest that some acknowledgement or change would have been offered. 4 days later I checked out, no discount no real apology! Perhaps returning to IHG or Marriot properties is the future for us.

Room Tip: Make sure to book away from the linen closets there busy and active very early
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dano1959
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for giving us this feedback in regards to your recent stay. I am so sorry about the issue with your reservation and the lack of acknowledgement as an SPG member. We do truly value your loyalty to Starwood and understand there a many options for hotels in the Portland area. I promise that if you choose to stay with us again I can ensure a wonderful and pleasant stay. Please feel free to reach out to me directly should you decide to give us an opportunity to win you back as our guest.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The hotel was pretty nice - very convenient location and hotel staff delivered great service. We did the valet parking...sometimes waiting to get the car took a while so they suggested for guests to call about 15 mins before they need the car. Their parking lot is about a mile away from the hotel. Overall, this was a great hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank nancy12988
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on our tripadvisor page! I apologize about the delay in retrieving your vehicle. As you mentioned the parking garage for our valet team is a few city blocks from the property. We are working diligently to make this process quicker for our guests!

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again!

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I visited the Westin a week ago while in Portland. I was pleasantly surprised with the new decor of the rooms. All new just about everything. Beds, furniture, chairs, appliances, lighting fixtures... Really didn't want to leave in the morning.

Room Tip: Depends what you are looking for. Each side of the building has a different viewing. I would sugge...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Traveler007ca
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on our tripadvisor page! I am so delighted to see how much you enjoyed your stay with us. The new decor of the property is wonderful. Next time you must stay with us longer!

Hope to see you on a future visit to Portland!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Booked this hotel overnight last minute and the Westin never seems to disappoint. This newly renovated gem is located up the hill from the bustling waterfront area. The concierge Michael is very helpful if you don't know the area. Check in was a breeze and we got our room early at 12 noon. No upgrades available the hotel was sold out for the weekend but the rooms are new. The rooms are a little on the small side but the bathrooms are gorgeous with a huge walk in shower and makeup mirror with magnification. Nice little fridge with not much in it so we could place water and wine that we brought. Great AC temprature in the room and the heavenly beds the Westin brand is known for. The restraunt is really beautiful but we only went for breakfast which was great and the service was amazing. On the 15th floor is a gorgeous lounge with couches and tables overlooking the harbor and city. Valet parking which is convenient but call for your car 20-30 mins before you are ready to leave. I can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Get a high room with harbor view
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Ginny P, Manager at The Westin Portland Harborview, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on our tripadvisor page! It is great to see that you cannot wait to return! I am glad you were able to experience both of our food and beverage outlets. Congress Squared for breakfast is phenomenal. And you can't beat Top of the East to take in the views of Portland.

We cannot wait to have you as our guest again!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Once you're inside the hotel, it could be pretty much anywhere. Totally neutral décor (basically a symphony of taupe), but comfortable and reliable. My only complaint was the lighting. While I recognize the Westin's desire to be green, I'd rather that my face wasn't! That being said, I was impressed by the staff. When I was checking out, the housekeeper ran out to give me a keyboard that I'd forgotten, and one of the valets attempted to jumpstart my battery dead rental car. For a small town, non Four Seasons hotel, this was really excellent service. The waitress in the café was also absolutely terrific. At $459 a night, my non-suite room seemed over-priced, but possibly this is because it was booked at the last minute.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on our tripadvisor page. It is great to see that you enjoyed your time and that the staff was responsive to your needs! I am so sorry about your dead car battery. I hope we were able to take care of that for you. Thank you for acknowledging the efforts of our staff. We will be sure to share this review with the entire team!

We hope you choose to stay with us on your next visit to Portland!