“Great Dinner Especially Dessert”

C2 - Congress Squared
Reserve with OpenTable
C2 - Congress Squared is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #83 of 615 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: One of the newest Portland restaurants, C2 opened its doors in December 2013. Chef Michael Bates-Walsh has created a Contemporary American menu showcasing New England ingredients and local favorites. Fresh Maine seafood is sourced daily through the Harbor Fish Market while C2 features local breweries and Maine distilleries on the menu. Options available for gluten-free and vegetarian dining.
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

The dessert trio was amazing and Eric was a skilled waiter! The side of mushrooms was full of flavor as was the lobster cake. Don't miss C2 at the Westin!

2  Thank tjmom22

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Absolutely fantastic service by Evan our waiter. He made our experience in Portland absolutely magical.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Food and service were both outstanding. Five stars, no complaints what-so-ever. Will be telling local family and friends to visit soon and often.

1  Thank Erin C
Dawn_Clemens, Manager at C2 - Congress Squared, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience at Congress Squared. Your feedback is incredibly important and will definitely help us to continue to grow. We are grateful that you took the time to share your impressions with us and other potential future guests. We hope to see you again soon at Congress Squared!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

This restaurant in the new Westin Hotel is part of a local upgrade it would seem. We went there on Easter Sunday and had a very good experience in general. The atmosphere was nice, the staff was excellent and the food, which pricey for Maine, was quite good. The tenderloin I had was excellent quality and perfectly prepared. My husband had the lentil cakes and really enjoyed them. "Farmer's Garlic Mashed Potatoes" sounded great so he ordered a side (I had some with my beef) and they were a bit of a disappointment - totally white with no skins or any trace of the farmer. They seem to have been a bit mass produced. The apple crisp dessert though was excellent. There are so many restaurants in Portland I probably wouldn't go back next time I'm in the area but the dinner was fine.

1  Thank Ellie B

We appreciate your feedback regarding your visit to Congress Squared. I'm glad that you enjoyed your meal and will share your thoughts with Chef Michael. As we are one of the newer restaurants in Portland, I do hope that you'll visit us again and see how our menu and atmosphere evolve.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, I've heard. Well, dion't miss having a comfortable and tasty breakfast at C2 in the newly refurbished Westin Portland Harborview. I enjoyed eggs Benedict on one morning and a delightful egg combination on another, while my friend enjoyed corned beef hash and eggs.

Not diner prices, but not diner service or menu, either. Expect the topnotch waitstaff to take good care of you.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your breakfasts at Congress Squared during your recent visit to the Westin Portland Harborview. Our culinary team strives to provide an innovative take on classic dishes and I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your meals as well as our incredible waitstaff. Please visit Congress Squared again during your next trip to Portland.