“Delicious”

Ranked #9 of 607 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Duckfat is a small sandwich shop that has it all: classic Belgian fries made with local Maine potatoes fried in duck fat, panini, soups, salads, charcuterie, sodas and milkshakes all made in house. Add a killer beer and wine list and you have Duckfat, a fun and unique dining destination in Portland, Maine.
New Haven, Connecticut
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Get here early if you're traveling with kids, dinner is more of an adult scene. That being said, menu is great, sandwiches are delicious and I'd go well out of my way for the duck fat fries.

Visited September 2013

“Get the fries but skip the meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

The fries with the specialty mayonnaise is amazing. The menu is mostly sandwiches, so not my choice for dinner. The sandwiches were greasy without a lot of flavor.

1 Thank Michele W
Leicester,MA
“Good not crazy amazing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We waited an hour which was no big deal, kind of thought we would. Food was good. Had both soups, both very good. French fries slightly salty and we had both choices the very small amt.of gravy. The milkshake was a milkshake not worth the 7.50 but for 5.00 in Portland it would have been acceptable. 3 different sandwiches all good. Overall I mean I have wanted to go there forever and finally got there and I was glad I went. And I want to make it clear that there was nothing there that I would label bad. As I said it just wasn't crazy amazing

1 Thank muffy0110
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great food but pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

There was a long line so we ordered take out and sat across the street in the grassy area which was fun to do. We ordered the pork belly panini , the BGT and the smoked turkey panini. All were very good like nothing I ever tasted . We also had the strawberry milkshake which is good but heavy. The fries were good but greasy and beware if you are not used to fat go slow on them! The long line outside says it all.

Portland, Maine
“Totally hit-the-spot yummy food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I've been to Duckfat a handful of times, it's always so delish. Sometimes a bit cramped with the bench seating when it's busy but overall cozy. I go for the BGT, I could eat goat cheese and bacon all day, and usually split some Belgium fries. If I still have room for something sweet, their original milkshake is a party in your mouth. It's expensive for what it is and that's my only major gripe, so because of that I don't go often. When I do go though it's totally worth the wait!