“Top notch!”

Ranked #7 of 12 Portland B&B and Inns
Lebanon, CT
“Top notch!”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

This B&B is beautifully restored and decorated very nicely. There are extra touches such as afternoon snacks, anytime tea and coffee, wine coolers in the rooms as well as refrigerators and wide screen TVs. It is extremely clean. David is a splendid cook and the breakfasts were much more elaborate than what we expected from the usual Continental breakfast. It's rather more like a breakfast buffet with delicious homemade dishes alongside the usual cereal, fruit, bagels and English muffins. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Grand Manan, Canada
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Great location, ample off-street parking. Host was fantastic. Great common room/living room on second floor - with help yourself pastry, coffee and tea AND SCRABBLE

Room was clean and roomy as was private bath. Stayed 2 nights and would always return. Handy to walking to town

Room Tip: Just ask the host in advance when making reservation
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We totally enjoyed our 2-night stay at Morrill Mansion. We've visited many B&Bs in New England and this ranked as one of the best. The location is in a quiet neighborhood but accessible by foot or bicycle to art district and waterfront - nice to be away from the crowds in August! We especially appreciated the small details that make a B&B special and memorable. Additionally, David offered many gluten-free breakfast choices, which eliminated our worries about getting sick. Having the small refrigerator in-room was helpful as well since we travel with gluten-free food, just in case. Our suite was lovely, very clean, and the bathroom was roomy. David and staff were friendly and accommodating without being intrusive -- a difficult balance in such an intimate atmosphere -- not all innkeepers can accomplish this well. We will definitely stay here again! Thank you!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank E H
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 27 August 2013

The best word to describe Morrill Mansion is charming. It has an historic flare without feeling outdated. The innkeeper and staff are professional and extremely helpful with any needs from local tourist hotspots to small chitchat. If you can find room after the amazing breakfast prepared for you in the morning, there will be homemade snack waiting for you in the sitting room each afternoon (I had the best Whoopie Pie of my trip here!) We stayed in the Morrill Suite during our stay. It was beautiful decorated and included a great bed, sitting room and jetted tub. We couldn't have been more thrilled with our stay.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We returned to the Morrill Mansion for the first time in four years, and nothing has changed. Everything was excellent. Our room was immaculate, and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was again outstanding -- arguably the best that I have had in a B & B for some time. About the only minor negative is that our bathroom was quite small -- obviously, there are limits to what you can do in an old house. The Innkeeper, David, is extremely friendly, and he adds quite a bit to the overall charm of the place. This place is a real keeper!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 August 2013

While trying to book a reservation here, I found the owner to be extremely rude and abrupt. During our phone conversation, he immediately hung up after I told him that I couldn't speak more loudly, due to being at work. When I called him back and asked why he'd hung up, he very rudely said that he was busy, trying to check guests in, along with trying to take care of other things. Aside not apologizing, he was so curt in asking what I needed. Of course, I was no longer interested in ever booking here, due to this extremely poor customer service.

Unfortunately, I needed to note that I've stayed here, in order for this post to go through. But, I didn't and wouldn't!

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tori A
MorrillMansion, Owner at Morrill Mansion Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
I am very sorry for this experience, and please accept my sincere apology. To be honest, after having asked you 3 times what reservation date I could assist you with, and no reply all 3 times, I assumed that YOU had ended our phone converation. When you called us back (from a different phone number , and assuming not from your work desk ) I could finally hear you but at that point you were irate and only wished to vent. I patiently let you and then thanked you for your call. I would never intentiionly hang up an any guest, or anyone else for that matter. I have owned and operated Morrill Mansion for the past 7 years and strive everyday to make every guest's stay here an enjoyable one. And even though there was this terrible misunderstanding I sincerely hope your stay here in Portland was, or will be, an enjoyable one. With kindest regards, David
New York City, New York, USA
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We had an amazing stay at the bed & breakfast. David was very friendly and we instantly felt right at home thanks to all the warm touches and extra details. Breakfast was delightful we really couldn't ask for anything more. Highly recommend!