“A RELAXING AND DELICOUS MEAL”

Timber Steakhouse & Rotisserie
Ranked #122 of 607 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Portland's Premier Steakhouse, serving only 100% Prime Black Angus Beef, delicious seafood, appetizers and sides, as well as the most decadent desserts. All this in one of Portland Maine's most exciting interiors.
Newington, Connecticut
“A RELAXING AND DELICOUS MEAL”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and I ate here on advice from he bartender at the Regency Hotel. The food and selection was very good. We decided on filet mignon because the steaks are so large. I had foi gras that was impeccable and my husband enjoyed their gaspacho. We shared an order of mashed potatoes and creamed spinach. These servigns were huge too! We topped it off with salted caramel ice cream with chocolate sauce. The outdoor seating was lovely adn the meal is very leisurely. Our waitress was excellent. If we go back I think we still split one steak and choose an appetizer to share.

Bar Harbor, Maine
“Hannah the hostess”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

What a wonderful new place! I went there one night for cocktails & lost my wallet, went back the next day looking for it to no avail. left my name and phone number just in case it turned up & got a call back a couple hours later saying that they found it. cash and cards were still there!!! thank you Hannah, thank you!

Portland, Maine
“A Great Steak Place in Portland Maine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

With so many great choices in Portland this place is found a niche that needed filling. Although some of the appetizers looked interesting we went straight for the main course. My wife and I shared the 2 lb porterhouse, roasted yukon golds with bacon and gruyere and the creamed spinach. The waitstaff was very attentive and one of the owners came and talked to us. The steak was one of the best I have had in a long time and definitely the best I have had in Portland. The sides were also very good and I liked that the creamed spinach still had some texture and wasn't the complete mush some places serve, The waiter offered to have the kitchen slice the steak which was a nice touch and made splitting it easy. We also split a bottle of wine. They have a limited but well thought out nice selection of wine in a wide range of prices.

2 Thank Richard A
Long Island, ME
“MEAT & EAT!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

First, they pour a mean cocktail! NOT those little martini glasses - the BIG ones! Big enough to fit 4 olives in and the glass came full and made exactly as ordered. Helpful bar tender and had a chat with one of the owners, Noah ~ nice guy! Was just there to have an app and cocktail. Had the foie gras - served with crunchy, smokey baguette slices, atop some greens - cooked to perfection! The menu has plenty to choose from and I can't wait to have a steak! You'll love the wood slices throughout and the back patio is being worked on so there will be outdoor seating as well, eventually.

Navarre, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

This place is gorgeous and had the best customer service my wife and I have experienced. Everyone is so friendly and the decor is great. Our bartender Bob is very friendly and the sous chef Jason prepares amazing food.