“Amazing place !!!!”

Timber Steakhouse & Rotisserie
Ranked #139 of 642 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Portland's Premier Steakhouse, serving only 100% Prime Black Angus Beef, delicious seafood, appetizers and sides, as well as the most decadent desserts. All this in one of Portland Maine's most exciting interiors.
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Loved the atmosphere .. Timbers are definitely present in a very classy relaxed environment. A very well stocked bar and very attentive crew at the bar. Presence by the Chef was so pleasant. Was a very positive experience. Will be our go to going forward! Thank you Timber!

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Food and Service was good, but prices are way too high. 10oz filet - $38.
Paper napkins, no bread, kind of dark. Drinks are also very expensive. Beautiful bar. Limited variety if you are looking for anything other then steak or chicken.
Got there 7:30 Saturday evening. Only 2/3's full. At 9pm it was only 1/4 full.
Tells me it too expensive for Portland Maine.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Food was good but overpriced. Steak sizes way off from what menu says. Sides are ala carte which is nice to have choice but another $8-10 each after paying $40+ for your plate yikes! Not a waste but I wouldn't likely go back any time soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We went with several other people for a friend's birthday, definitely prepare your wallets if you decide to head here for dinner. One of our friends ordered the bourbon marinated steak tips, he requested them 'medium,' they were tasty but at least a third of them were rare. For $31 I'd hope the steak tips would be properly cooked to order. My bf and I each ordered the timber wagyu burger, both medium. I had a pool of blood at the bottom of my plate from the dripping burger, so much so that I switched plates with my bf who's burger was "slightly" more cooked. We only finished half of our burgers, not because we were full but because it was simply too under cooked. Sides do not come with the meals, not even the burgers which is kinda silly in my opinion when you're spending $16 on one. A handful of fries or something, come on. We split the roasted golden Yukon potatoes but they had an odd taste to them, not sure if it's because I've never had veal stock before? The cucumber gin martini was delicious though, but that's probably the only thing I'd go back to Timber for.

1  Thank laynaru
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

First Friday in Portland is always fun. We had drinks at the bar and food at a table adjacent to it. The New York sour is fabulous as is the boulevardiere- a bourbon, Campari mix. It's either a bourbon negron I or a Campari Manhattan. The bartenders know their stuff:) The wagu cupcake is excellent - a steak outer "cupcake" with mushroom stuffed inside and goat cheese creme on top. I tried the rotisserie chicken rather than steak. It comes with 2 sauces- I chose bourbon peppercorn and mushroom Marsala. Both went well with my 1/2 chicken. Great energy and wonderful inviting service. Our waitress was very attentive and helpful throughout the meal.