“Disappointed.”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Mobile al
“Disappointed.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Friends got lobster rolls that had no presentation at all. Just the roll and the meat. advertised as Portland's largest must mean the one that cost about $40. I had the crab, cheddar, bacon sandwich. The bacon was the only flavor it had. Absolutely no flavor. Their version of fries were soft and limp. No seasoning. Will not go back.

Visited August 2014
3 Thank WESTWOOD59

Portland ME
“Bad food rude service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We were starving. Hostess was polite and friendly but that is where it ended! We ordered an appetizer calamari and some clam chowder. We also ordered our entree at the same time. Waitress asks if we want the calamari and soup first I say yes. She comes back a while later and says there is a problem. No calamari. I said ok what else can we get. She suggests the crab cakes. I said ok. I asked for bread and she brought me 2 tiny slices of toasted bread that was gross. Then our entrees came out. I asked where the calamari was and she said it was coming. I said it was supposed to be an appetizer but I don't want it now because my food is here. She get all weird and then came back with the crab cakes. She said I was told I had to bring them out and you have to pay for them. I said no I don't think so. Manager comes out tries to get all tough with me and says I will pay or he will call the cops. Also my fish tacos were gross and all rice with a tiny shriveled piece of fish. He said I had to pay for all of it. There are plenty of awesome restaurants in Portland and we got this one. Manager is a jerk and has no idea how to run a restaurant. Who ever heard of that. I should have waited for the cops to come. I just left. Do yourself a favor and skip this place. Good job manager dude! Good luck with your career!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank 51worst
“Do. Not. Eat. Here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Went in at 1:30 on a Saturday. Three tables taken, so busyness is not an excuse. Ordered 2 Dos Equis beers. Waitress asks if that's a wine. 15 minutes for the beers to arrive ("Oh, they were in the back of the freezer"). Friend orders one kind of chowder and receives a different kind. Orders a salad and a lobster roll. Salad never comes. I order a fish sandwich. Two small bite-sized pieces on a roll, absolutely inedible. Ask for bread, which comes as the other 3 finished eating. Check comes, with an 18% gratuity added! Called for manager, who is not apologetic, but does reduce the bill by 20%. And reduces the gratuity to 15%, which is more than we would like to have left for incompetent, sullen and unfriendly service.
This is the first review I've ever written, because I could not let such an horrendous experience pass unnoticed. I've since read other reviews of this place, which confirmed our experience.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank Fox4710
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Good Food, Tucked Away”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

On our second evening in Portland we were looking for a restaurant with good seafood and was reasonably quiet. In walking around, we found this one tucked back in an alley. It was Monday, so they were not busy. We sat outdoors. Seems they are well known for their jumbo lobster, but we are not big lobster fans. I had seared scallops, my wife had cod. But, the appetizer was the best part- a crab cake. All the food was good, as to be expected.

Service was good, but we were not checked on often. The worst part was that we had a napkin with red lipstick on it- not a good way to start. The tables and silverware were a bit dirty- I know we are outdoors, but a little more effort to keep them clean would have been great.

Overall, I'd recommend this restaurant if you are a big lobster fan. Otherwise, on a short stay, there are many, many other similar options.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank wombatclov
Great Falls, Virginia
“Good lobster roll served sauteed in butter...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

I am giving this restaurant an average review because of the bad service..We had a guy serve us who was the most unattentive waiter ever. He was so bad that the female waitress came over to check on us several times. She must have noticed how bad he was....lol It wasn't even a busy evening...a weeknight! The lobster roll was very good, served an unusual way. You can have it the usual way with mayo or sauteed in butter......it was devine. My husband had a pasta dish that he said was pretty good. But the waiter forgot his drink order, so I had my drink and he didn't have his....whoever owns this place should really pay attention to who is serving your customers or pretty soon you won't have any to serve....

• Visited July 2013