“Local favorite”
Review of Local 188

Local 188
Reserve with OpenTable
Local 188 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 634 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: State St
Transit: Portland metro stop directly outside front door.
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The most impressive thing for me with this place is that I've never waited to get seated more than a couple of minutes. Very good food, very good service, excellent cocktails, ambiance, reputation. I don't get it, my experiences have been great, I would expect a line out the door, but nope - they get you right in.

There are newer reviews for Local 188

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We recently visited Local 188 at the recommendation of someone from the area. The atmosphere was great with a selection of seating areas and a fantastic bar overlooking the kitchen. The menu had a decent selection of entrees and if we had been staying for dinner I would've had a hard time deciding what to order. We ended up getting a few drinks and shared 3 tapas plates. The food was delicious, and the other food we saw coming out of the kitchen looked equally wonderful. Prices were fair, a little on the higher side, but not unreasonable. My only true complaint would be that the service was slow. It took about 10 minutes for someone to acknowledge us or to even take our initial drink order. There were many servers and other staff walking around who saw that we had been seated, yet there was no attempt to make eye contact or even mention that someone would be right with us. Regardless, I think we would give it a second chance as the food really was good. Everyone has their off days, right?

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I have been to Local 188 several times, but have not yet a chance to dine there. We usually end up at 188 before or after a concert and find it is a perfect spot to have a drink. The bar staff has always been friendly and very knowledgeable. They take great care in their drink ingredients and keep things interesting with different drink menus and beers on tap.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We visited our son in Portland and he suggested this restaurant. It was excellent. Everything was great. Especially liked the Fluke, Short Ribs, Ceviche, and Chocolate torte with chili.

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Husband and I were hopping through Portland and unfortunately we got here after Sunday brunch and before dinner. They do not serve any food during this time. The atmosphere was nice enough and we'll probably be back because the menu looks promising.