“Really good brunch”
Review of Local 188

Local 188
Reserve with OpenTable
Local 188 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 616 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: State St
Transit: Portland metro stop directly outside front door.
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stopped in on a Saturday morning late. Good move on our part. The service was good, the food and prices were wonderful. I had Huevos Rancheros that was very unique, but still true to it's Mexican heritage. Taste was off the charts. Next we need to enjoy dinner here, cannot wait. Try it out. I have seen people complain about the noise level. It's in an old building with high ceilings and an open kitchen. We rather enjoy that environment and it was not crazy noisy either.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Amazing paella, bohemian decor, artsy clientele, attentive service. Would eat there every night if I could.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

The place looks pedestrian from the outside but don't be fooled. Truly original dishes perfectly prepared. Ceviche yellowtail was almost carpaccio like. Small plate appetizers were all amazing. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

During recent weekend visit to Portland, stopped by Local 188 on the recommendation of friends who frequent Portland. Glad we stopped in for Saturday brunch.

Loved the general vibe of the place. Incredibly comfortable feeling. Fairly straight-forward brunch menu. I opted for the Crab Cakes Eggs Benedict. Delicious. I will admit that I was a little bummed though that the Lobster & Grits dish that was on the menu listed on their website was no longer on the menu. My wife opted for the Mushroom & Herb scramble which she enjoyed.

The best though was the homemade jam that our server offered. Incredible. Especially when paired with great english muffins they served.

Enthusiastically recommend. Oh, and don't forget to try one of their recommended brunch cocktails. Very refreshing.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

In one of the food hearts of Portland, I came on good reviews from family, and Scott at the West End Inn. The open kitchen greets you immediately and the eccentric art and sculpture that edges the seating is interesting! The service was prompt and kind. The specials sounded delicious, and we split some lamb skewers, and I had the tuna steak. Both tantalizingly portioned, I left just satisfied. Both were also delicious! Bravo!