“I Believe this restaurant is no longer in business in Portland”
Review of Bresca - CLOSED

Bresca
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Franklin
Portland, Maine
“I Believe this restaurant is no longer in business in Portland”
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

Had a good reputation, but phone is out of service and they are no longer in this location.....or anywhere near that I can easily find..... No new phone number....website list some place in Garland, Maine (where is that exactly?)

Perhaps if you go out of business you can send a note to be removed from Trip Advisor or perhaps Trip Advisor can proof this!!!!!

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Stephen J

“Excellent.”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I have been to Bresca for both lunch and dinner. Absolutely everything I have had - drinks, appetizers, sandwich, steak, desserts - have been superb. It is a tiny restaurant with a small menu, but I would recommend it to anyone who is going to be in Portland.

• Visited April 2013
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Better Go Early”
Reviewed 17 May 2013

or you won't get a table for lunch. It's a fabulous jewel of a restaurant. The sunchoke soup was so good I would have dived in if the bowl had been a bit bigger: it's right up there with their fabled shaved Brussels sprout salad. Me and my two companions pretty well covered the whole admittedly short menu but all were absolutely delicious. Clearly, Krista is an inspired chef. The service was also unstinting, letting us sample our way thru the wine list before choosing lunch-time appropriate half glasses.

Like 'theghostwriter', I hope you ignore this review or I won't get in myself.......

• Visited May 2013
Maine
“Inventive lunch cuisine”
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Finally got to Bresca! My husband and I ate lunch here today and it was wonderful. It has a very limited menu, but the food was fresh and expertly prepared. I had read many reviews about the shaved Brussels sprout salad, so we felt compelled to try it. I can't say I loved it and would probably not get it again. The sprouts were fresh and tender, but I didn't love the after taste of the parmesan shavings, and there were a lot of them! I wanted to get the frog legs, but chickened out and got the gravlax open faced sandwich. The flavors of the salmon, beets, creme fresh and dill was like a party in my mouth. My husband had the pasta dish with vegetables and 6 minute egg. He wasn't thrilled, but I tried it and loved it. I will definitely go back. Not sure if it will be with my husband or one of my adventurous eating friends!

• Visited May 2013
Portland, Maine
“DONT GO HERE!!!”
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Otherwise I'll never get in. OK, the secret is out. Anyone with a brain - sorry, stomach - knows that Bresca is one of the (deservedly) top restaurants in a town full of fabulous eating. And now that they're open for lunch - Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and (I believe) Saturday - is just icing on the cake. Besides delicious cake...eh, desserts - not that that matters much to me (even though I do indulge more times than not :) - Bresca ALWAYS serves the most inspiring, thoughtful, and delicious food you'll ever have. All under and with the watchful hand and supervision of the lovely owner Krista. And I know I'll never leave less than 100% satisfied.

OK, you caught me> GO HERE!!!! For lunch and for dinner. (Just please make sure there's room for me!).

• Visited March 2013