The temperature was flirting with single digits, evening was coming on, and the snow in Portland made drivers feel they were working their way across the top of a cake frosted with whipped cream. The lights of the Pomegranate Inn shone out into the street with a welcoming twinkle. The rooms are wonderful, decorated with attention to detail and tasteful good humor. The bed in room 6 is like sleeping on a cloud. Henry is a good inn-keep and thanks to his wife, Erin, produces a truly delicious breakfast. Not one of those, sugary, cakey quick recipes Bnbs are won't to serve up. No, Erin and Henry produce berry galettes, broiled fruits and perfect omelets. We should have stayed another night just for a 2nd breakfast. There are books and reading nooks and fireplaces - just the things that make you think you could spend the winter right here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arty and eclectic boutique Portland Maine inn. An exceptional art collection blends with thoughtful, gourmet, small-plates breakfasts and a truly unique vibe. Housed in a three-story Italianate mansion dating from 1889, Pomegranate Inn is like no other Bed & Breakfast you've experienced. Contemporary mixes with traditional in the inspired setting of Portland's lovely West End. Close to this vibrant New England city's Arts District and bustling Old Port, yet quietly set among lovely homes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Pomegranate Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pomegranate Hotel Portland
- Pomegranate Inn Portland, Maine