“Good Coffee in an Expensive Tiny Cup”

Arabica Coffee House
Ranked #4 of 88 Coffee & Tea in Portland
Reviewed 31 August 2013

My 4 year old and I stopped in yesterday for breakfast to use our Groupon deal. I suspect they do make their bakery goods on site. My scone was ok but my son's muffin was beyond dry. I ordered the Tall Iced Maple Latte. It cost $4.20 and was so small. It was very delicious though.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

This is a great place to start the day - friendly welcome, nice music, comfortable seating and really good, strong espresso.
I was seated close enough to the register to hear the barista welcome everyone who entered and carry on conversations indicating many we're longtime, repeat customers.
Although I didn't sample any, the baked goods looked wonderful.
Note of caution....even on Saturday, if you park in front you must feed the meter. Honestly the espresso and hanging out at Arabica was worth the $15 parking ticket.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Great little coffee house with excellent coffee and yummy things to go with it. Worth the trip. Best part is standing on the street and being surrounded by the haunting cawing song of the the seagulls which echos off the buildings above the shop.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

I never knew maple was big in Maine. I opted to try the Caffe Maple (I dont quite remember the name) when trying out Arabica. It was truly delicious!

Reviewed 5 December 2012

I spent the day in downtown Portland, and simply had to try this coffee house when I spotted it. The day was hot and humid, and I really wanted a nice iced coffee. I liked the vibe when I walked through the door. Really cool looking old, wooden tables and lots of interesting art work hanging on the walls. The menu was okay- not as varied as I usually like. The man at the counter was very friendly and explained that they could do flavor shots, so my friend and I went with an iced coffee with an almond flavor shot. I felt that the medium was pretty tiny for the price, similar to Starbucks but smaller. The coffee was all right- not exciting, not awful. I probably wouldn't go out of my way to stop there in the future. The bathroom was in a very interesting location. No signs, and no one paying attention so I wandered down a flight of stairs into what was marked as basement and then down a corridor and voila! there was the unisex bathroom. Even that had an interesting lay-out.