“My first taste of Tony's donuts”
Review of Tony's Donut Shop

Tony's Donut Shop
Ranked #7 of 28 Bakeries in Portland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Boston, Massachusetts
“My first taste of Tony's donuts”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I heard they were good and finally stopped by to try them. I got a raised glazed and a strawberry jelly. The texture of the dough is different from what I'm used to. Not too much glaze but there was a sweetness to the dough itself so it didn't need much glaze at all. The strawberry jelly had not glaze or sugar coating, just the dough filled with jelly. I didn't love the jelly filling. Didn't find it too flavorful. Not sure if they have other flavors of jelly because I just bought the first one I saw.

I would try these again but go for the cake stye donuts to see how those taste. I think cake style is more popular in Maine. Overall these were not overly sweet which for many is a good thing!

• Visited May 2014

Colchester, Vermont
“Beyond delicious!!!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

We discovered this gem by reading Trip Advisor reviews--this has made our stay in Portland better than ever. We got a large selection of donuts to try & all of them were moist & delicious. The jelly donut had an amazing pull-apart texture & the jelly was great, too. The lemon filled was just as tasty, and the glazed was like eating fried dough w/I having to visit the shore. The chocolate glazed was also good. No donut selection will disappoint!

Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
“Amazing donuts!”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My wife and I ALWAYS stop at Tony's every time we visit Portland. The donuts are so delicious. Always very fresh, and they have that good old fashioned taste. Everything has such a nice, "home made" taste to it. And they have lots of unique flavors that you won't find at some boring chain. The atmosphere is really homey and cozy. Make sure to give them a try!

• Visited July 2013
Portland, Maine
“The best old fashioned donuts & pastries in Portland”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Tony's is a Portland landmark. No frills, just great pastries and "sinker" donuts. The staff is great and the prices are very reasonable. Tony's does things the treid & true way--good ingredients, great recipes, and the end results are always a treat.

Visited October 2013
South Pasadena, California
“You HAVE to go here!”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stumbled on this place staying at the Clarion Hotel across the street! They have without a doubt the absolute best donuts and pastries I've ever had ... and I've had a LOT! If you happen to be anywhere in the vicinity, you owe it to yourself to visit and pick up a bag full of whatever strikes your fancy - you won't be disappointed. On second thought, pick up TWO bags full - you'll want to have some extras to share or wolf down yourself later.

This place is da BOMB!