“Extremely good, ate every bite”
Review of Saeng Thai House

Saeng Thai House
Ranked #87 of 642 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: We sold our other restaurant and now only have one Saeng Thai House on 921 Congress St! Please come visit us and the same old crew!
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Came here on recommendation from other reviewers and was not disappointed! The Special Pad Thai Basil was excellent, but the Hot Crispy Basil Duck was the best I've ever eaten in America or Asia! Lovely little restaurant. I will come back.

Ralita S, Owner at Saeng Thai House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2012

Great! I'd be concerned if you didn't :)

Reviewed 23 March 2012

My wife and I spent 6 months in Thailand/Cambodia/Laos/Burma, so we've certainly eaten our share of Thai food. There are so many Thai Restaurants in Portland, but we've found them to be incredibly disappointing...until we tried Saeng Thai. It's truly outstanding food.

First and foremost, they're actually Thai. Some of their "thai" competitors in Portland aren't even Thai, and you can tell by the lack of flavor and authenticity in the the food that these competitors offer. Saeng Thai is truly authentic, and the food tastes *so* much better. Their menu offers a wide variety of true thai food (no crab rangoon here) and the flavors and spices are spot-on. You can order any dish with varying spiciness (1-5 stars), so everyone is happy, and you can even make dishes that aren't traditionally spicy, to be spicy. We rarely order pad thai (I tend to think of it as tourist food), however their pad thai can be made spciy (we get it 3 or 4 stars), and it's by far the best pad thai we've had anywhere (including Thaiiand. Panang Curry is perfect, their Tom Kha is wonderful, and Tom Yung Soup is amazing (get it as spicy as you can tolerate...we go for 4 stars). We've eaten here (or picked up takeout) probably ten times now, and it has yet to disappoint.

Aside from all the wonderful food, the owners/employees are incredibly friendly. I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough, as it's now my wife and I's go-to takeout restaurant. It's also conveniently located across from Maine Med (where my wife works), so it's convenient fo rall the employees/patients at Maine Med.

Saeng Thai is not to be missed. After writing this review, I'm now planning on ordering Thai for dinner. YUM!

Jear J, Manager at Saeng Thai House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Thank you so much! We strive to give the best service and quality to our customers. Please come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 17 January 2012

The business on this location has been closed . But we still have another business and just right on the corner of Congress street and gilman street and the phone no. 207-7800900 fax no. 207-7800911 .The business name is the same "SAENGTHAI HOUSE RESTAURANT" AND JUST ONLY ONE LOCATION NOW . THANK YOU VERY MUCH . WE LOVE YOU.

1  Thank Sanook1
Reviewed 7 October 2011

I love good Thai food and this is a great restaurant. I have been there several times and it never fails to please. I had the BBQ duck, and my wife had the teriyaki salmon. It was wonderful as always.
This address is incorrect they have moved to 68 Gilman street at the corner of Congress street.

Reviewed 14 December 2010

I have had thai at this restaurant SEVERAL times. I have eaten at the restaurant but mostly takeout. I have never had a bad experience, always very tasty. Prices are VERY reasonable.