“A special meal” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #96 of 601 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: We sold our other restaurant and now only have one Saeng Thai House on 921 Congress St! Please come visit us and the same old crew!
Jerusalem, Israel
“A special meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

Yesterday I ordered a meal for delivery in Portland...from Jerusalem, Israel. It was my mother's birthday and I wanted to surprise her with a good meal. Of course she was tickled. The restaurant wrapped the meal in a shiny green bow and included a birthday card. The Tamarind duck and fried pork dumplings were excellent and accompanied by vegetables and rice - a meal for two. Many thanks for a wonderful surprise, and excellent mean and fine service!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ralita S, Manager at Saeng Thai House, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words! We felt so honored and delighted that you called all the way from Israel to order food from us for your mom's birthday. We sure enjoyed picking out a birthday card for her and decorating her take-out package with a bow. We hope that your mom had a great birthday and we are so glad to have been a part of it. Please come and visit us again when you are back in Maine!

Best wishes,
The Saengthai House staff

Portland, Maine
“Cool atmosphere and good food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

I looked on trip advisor for a different Thai restaurant try. We have a lot of good Thai restaurants in Portland, but I wanted to try something new. I liked it so much that I've been there twice in the past month, both times for take-out (although the restaurant seems very cozy and friendly. I like that you can bring your own beer/wine.) Everything I've tried has been excellent: crispy pad thai, garlic shrimp, drunken noodles with tofu, drunken noodles with duck, the really good pupu platter. I love this place, and they're happy for your business. No attitudes here. I look forward to dining in next. I'm certain I won't be disappointed. Great value for the money.

• Visited August 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“nice thai in portland”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

we went to this restaurant during the 2nd week of our US vacation. it was a very nice alternative to the rest of the restaurants. fresh food in a good atmosphere. it was a small place and most people ordered food to-go, but the service was very friendly.

• Visited September 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good Thai food a little off downtown area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

The food tasted fresh and very good.
It is worth the visit even though there are so many others to visit

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Kosyo
Tampa
“Change it Up!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

When you need a change from the busy, touristy pier scene, this is a most pleasant spot to dine. This spring rolls were lighter than air, with crunchy, fresh veggies. Duck Choo Chee was special...large tender duck pieces in a succulent spicy sauce which enhanced but didn't
overpower the sauce. Spiced to your palate, the most mild had enough to say Thai.

• Visited July 2013