“Great atmosphere”

Ranked #86 of 638 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: We sold our other restaurant and now only have one Saeng Thai House on 921 Congress St! Please come visit us and the same old crew!
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Food seemed fresh, service was great, clean, loved the cute little restaurant, romantic, I got some kind of chicken dish on a half pineapple which was excellent. I've had better pad thai. Reasonable prices. Pretty easy to find street parking,

1  Thank Lenoremarie

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We bought lunch to go for our sons (12 and 14) who are Thai food fans, and they spoke quite highly of the food. As noted by others, this is a small, not fancy place near MMC, and well worth a visit if you're in the area.

1  Thank ordinarymind
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The place is on the small side, but worth the visit. Pad Thai was excellent, along with the crispy duck I had for dinner. Priced right, & extremely friendly staff. Will definitely be back when I visit Portland.

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Must have the Thai Iced Tea - tastes like a caramel chai tea, don't be scared by the milky orange color. Both entrees were delicious and filling. Served on clean contemporary white plates - very nuce presentation. Fast service! Neighborhood is a bit sketchy as we parked a couple blocks away, maybe by a halfway house or community housing? Three people oddly said hello to us in unison and asked where we were going as they hung off their front porch. We'd recommend parking north, east or directly in front of restaurant. This place was great!!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

This place was great. The happiest, kindest, even a bit cheeky (which made us laugh!) waitress you could ever imagine. Something that really impressed me was that she repeated our order back to us to make sure she got it and the details right. The food was delicious. We've never had Thai iced tea before. It's like sweet caramel iced - yummy good! My husband had red curry (1 star) which he said was very good.he really liked the crunchy vegetables, beef very good and portion was excellent. I had the Thai chicken which was served in 1/2 a pineapple. Lovely presentation, too much food for me but delicious. Atmosphere was very quaint. Seating for 18. Only draw back if you consider it one was that they don't serve alcohol. We were fine with that because the Thai iced tea was so good. :-)

Been to Saeng Thai House? Share your experiences!