“It's in a basement-level food court.”
Review of Tic Taco - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tic Taco
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 7 July 2009

I didn't actually come here because I was seeking out an authentic experience with mexican cuisine, I just tried it on a lark because it was in an office building about a block from the apartment I was living in at the time. Also, the nearby Dunkin's was crammed and this place was the only one that was open at the time.

I like to give places a chance, especially if the service is great. Ironically, that part of the experience was the best part. Nice people at the counter... but other than that, there is no saving grace.

I ordered something that is a staple at essentially any mexican restaurant anywhere. A simple cheese enchilada platter, figuring that was something that was rather foolproof. This place totally proved me wrong.

What I recieved would probably be best described as an "enchzonito", or a combination of an enchilada, calzone & burrito. It was cheesy, no doubt, but it wasn't an enchilada by any stretch. The red, sweet tomato sauce made me think I was about to dive into an unfinished calzone, but the taste made me think I was biting into an unfinished burrito. By this point, I realized the title of "Enchilada" was merely window dressing, and finished off the rice and beans. While the latter was soupy, togethe, they were the best part of the food portion of the meal.

When I was finished, I just said thank you and headed up the escalator and away from probably the worst "mexican" restaurant I think I've ever visited. In summation, if you ever have to do business at One City Center, around Monument Square or anywhere else on the Peninsula, and you're jonesing for some quality mexican place... don't give into this place.

1  Thank FPGradionews