“Pleasant Stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Maryland
“Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2012

This is not a typical Embassy Suites, it is set up more like the typical Hilton. The location is a bit away from town. I did enjoy the evening reception and the breakfast was great as usual for an Embassy Suite. The rooms were great as well. The staff was very accomodating and the check-in/out process was fast & accurate.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
EmbassyPortland, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine, responded to this review, 11 December 2012
Dear chichimom5,

Thank you so much for your review from your stay in November. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and I hope you were able to head into the Old Port while you were here. I'll be sure to pass on your kind words about the rooms, reception and breakfast to the team. I hope that we will be able to be your hosts again the next time you travel to Portland!

Yours in hospitality,

Stacy O'Reilly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2012

This hotel is under renovation. They are down to one elevator.

Here are the highs:
1) the service is excellent
2) the omelet bar is outstanding at the complementary breakfast
3) clean and linens were in very good shape

Lows:
1) under renovation
2) needs updating
3) bed was stiff

I recommend staying in the city. Both the Embassy and the Hilton Garden Inn By the airport need updating.
3) the bed was stiff

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BusLeis45458
Dear BusLeis45458,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I'm very sorry to hear that the repairs to the elevator happened during your stay and impacted your enjoyment of your visit. We just completed some upgrades to our pool area, are upgrading the elevators to increase their speed and doing some touch ups to all of our guest suites.
I appreciate your kind remarks on the service you received, our breakfast and cleanliness. I hope you will give us another opportunity to show off the work we have been doing the next time you are in Portland. If you have any questions about our improvements please feel free to call on me anytime at 207-482-4360.

Washington, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2012

Location is right at airport but the plusses stop there. Rooms seem a bit run down. Restaurant was below average. Service just okay. For some hotels this is okay, but I've come to expect more from Hilton properties.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Dear ozdess9,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay in November at our location. I'm very sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations for a Hilton hotel during your time with us. The experience you had is not typical and not to my expectations either. I hope you will reach out to me should you travel to Portland again as I would like an opportunity to make this right.
I hope you will give us another opportunity to earn your business. I can be reached at 207-482-4360 or by email at stacy.oreilly@hilton.com.

Yours in hospitality,

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2012 via mobile

Not sure what it was but there was a very strong chemical smell in the room. We should have asked for another room but didn't, thinking we would have gotten used to it. Sadly, that wasn't the case for my wife. The sheets were clean and fresh but the blanket held the smell. Maybe it was bug spray or something to mask other smells. When we checked out and mentioned the problem I didn't feel the person really was concerned with the issue. In the end it made our one night stay very disappointing.
On the good side, it was a nice room and the omelets at breakfast were very good.

• Stayed November 2012
EmbassyPortland, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine, responded to this review, 12 November 2012
Dear 18johnny,

Thank you for your review of your recent overnight stay with us in Portland. We appreciate you bringing the issue of the smell in your guest room to our attention. I have shared your feedback with our housekeeping team and we are actively taking steps to freshen our guest rooms. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our made to order omelets and hope you will visit us again should your travels bring you back to our area.

York Beach, Maine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2012

My husband and I selected this hotel for our guests to stay in for our wedding. At first, customer service was very prompt. I had many questions regarding the contract and they were all answered very quickly. The price was great as well.

As the deadline for my guests to book their rooms came around, customer service began to fall apart. Emails were ignored, phone calls were not returned for days and guests were being charged more than double the agreed upon rate. When I went to reference the conversations that I had via email prior to signing the contract, agreements suddenly were "discretionary."

In the end, the majority of guests did get their rates adjusted. The rooms were very nice, service and the desk was great and so was the complementary breakfast the next morning. We, as the bride and groom, were also given a bottle of champagne on our second night - which was a nice touch.

All in all, I would stay at the hotel again; however, I would caution other brides to read that contract thoroughly and make sure you get absolutely every question you have answered in writing.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear 172SarahG,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience with our hotel. I would like to apologize for the poor service you received from our sales team regarding your wedding block. This is certainly not typical and we have made some adjustments to our team to be sure we don't have any miscommunications in the future. We want brides and grooms to be focused on their wedding day!
I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and am glad you enjoyed the champagne on your second night. I hope we will have you as our guests again soon!

All the best,

Fredericton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

We had an amazing two-night stay at this hotel. We got very good early-booking rates online. Every room is a suite with lots of space and amenities. The towels and bedding are very nice and the rooms are nicely decorated. Some in our group enjoyed the pool and hot tub as well. We were especially impressed to receive many 'complimentary' treats. Every evening there is a manager's reception including snacks and drinks - for free! We ordered a meal in the restaurant and enjoyed a glass of wine. The next evening we took snacks to our room. The breakfast too was a complimentary buffet with all kinds of hot items, even delicious made-to-order omelets. We found the staff to all be very accommodating, going out of their way to be helpful. The airport location would be convenient for travelers, but we were there to shop, and we were surprised how close we were to the shopping areas. We will definitely make this our first choice of places to stay in Portland.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Mammadi,

Thank you for your wonderful review from your recent stay with us. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your 2 day stay with us and were able to use so many of our wonderful included amenities. Thank you for making us your first choice in hotels in Portland and we look forward to seeing you back again soon!

Woburn, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2012

Be careful! We had a two night reservation and ended up arriving only for the second night because we were in the emergency room in Burlington, MA the night before. I called the front desk to make sure they knew we were not arriving for the first night and spoke to a very nice woman who assured me it was ok. When we arrived Sunday, the manager was at the front desk and looked up our reservation. She said we were listed as "no shows" and that the room had been given away. It was a fully pre-paid reservation ($400.00). They had already given the room away! She did not offer any apologies. Just stared at us blankly. I asked if we would at least receive a refund and she said she could not help us with that. So we paid for two nights and did not stay either.

I cannot report on the hotel or it's conditions, but I can say that we were treated poorly and will never be returning to this Embassy Suites or any other.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank amanda w
EmbassyPortland, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine, responded to this review, 5 November 2012
Dear Amanda W,

I just received notice of your review on Trip Advisor and wanted to reach out to you. I can certainly understand your frustrations and would like an opportunity to address your remarks. In general, individual hotels do not hot have much flexibility with pre paid reservations as you receive a lower nightly rate in exchange for not having the ability to alter or cancel your reservation. We do the best we can in these circumstances to stay within the guidelines of your reservation restrictions but still satisfy our guests.
In the circumstances you describe in your review I would certainly have looked into options that would meet your needs had you contacted me directly. I apologize that one of my management staff did not address your concerns or find a solution while you were here.

Please contact me directly at 207-482-4360 or Stacy.OReilly@hilton.com to discuss your individual reservation to find a solution . I look forward to hearing from you soon.