“The staff made it a great stay.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

So many things about this hotel were done exactly right. The front desk and food service staff were excellent- very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was well done. Our only complaint was housekeeping. It felt like the bare minimum was done- new towels and beds made. Nothing else was replaced. No replacement coffee, cups, or bathroom tissue after the first day, requiring us to call and request them. I haven't had this issue at any other Hilton property. The hotel is located on the airport property but we did not notice any noise. If you are sensitive to noise, make sure to avoid a room facing the atrium (2nd floor) because this did tend to get noisy at times.

• Stayed: July 2013
EmbassyPortland, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Dear luvzlyf,

Thank you so much for your 4 star review from your recent stay with us. I'm so pleased to hear that the front desk and food and beverage teams really made a great impact on your stay. I am however sorry to hear that we missed the mark in housekeeping and I will address your concerns with that team for immediate correction.
Please accept my apology as our team strives to make every experience exceptional. I look forward to seeing you again the next time you travel to Portland.

Warmest Regards,

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine

Reviewed 20 July 2013

We stayed 2 nights recently at this property. Clean clean rooms, public areas, etc. The pool area was virtually glistening. The AM breakfast was very lush and the service ladies could not have been more accommodating. It's minutes to downtown Portland so you have the best of both worlds -- quiet sleeping with robust touring during the day and evening!

Dear retiredearly,

Thank you for your glowing review from your recent stay with us! I really appreciate your gracious comments and hope we see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Although this particular Embassy did not have the big elaborate lobby with gardens and water features, it nonetheless was very clean, modern and comfortable. The managers reception and full cooked to order breakfast is always a bonus. I like that the rooms are always family style suites with plenty of room. This is fast becoming a favorite chain of ours.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
EmbassyPortland, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2013

Dear ChefFatCat,

Thank you for your 5 star review of our hotel from your recent visit. On behalf of Embassy Suites thank you for choosing our brand when you travel! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the extra room in the suites, breakfast and our evening reception. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit Portland.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

My wife and I have spent many happy weekends at the Portland Embassy Suites. This week we were married there. The staff pulled out all the stops to make our day a very special one. The rooms were immaculate, the staff courteous, food amazing, and everything was well orchestrated by our event planner, Kimberley. Cannot imagine a more beautiful day!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Deb M,

Thank you so much sharing your review from your stay last weekend! You and Jan are like family to our team and we were so excited to share your special day with you both. Looking forward to many other visits from you! Congratulations on your wedding and we wish you lifelong happiness!

See you soon-

Reviewed 18 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night before flying out of Portland. It was clean, modern, quiet and was on airport campus. The manager's evening reception and the morning breakfast were both very nice. All staff we encountered were courteous and helpful. It was a short drive to downtown Portland. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: One floor of the hotel is pet friendly. Our room faced an airport runway and we heard no noise at al...

Dear BrendaG60,

Thank you so much your excellent rating from your recent stay with our hotel! I'm glad you were able to enjoy the full breakfast and evening reception during your stay with us. I really appreciate your recommendation and we will look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Portland.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Great clean hotel. A short drive away from the heart of all the local area attractions. My wife thought the air conditioner was loud in our room (317), but she told me to make sure I still rate this great hotel a five. She said the great breakfast helped make up for the lack of sleep. Andrew lived up to his billing at breakfast , he is a master at his craft of making a fabulous omelette as well as other egg related meals.
The complimentary snacks as well as the drinks in the evening were a nice touch. It should be noted that my two sons (10 & 7) and myself slept fine, so the air conditioner did not bother us. Right next to the airport, but never heard a plane. We were worried when we got off the elevator on the third floor to see it was pet friendly, because my 10 year old son is highly allergic to dogs. However, this was not an issue as he did not show any allergic symptoms, so the cleaning staff must do a great job. Have no doubt, book this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear robdolphins,

Thank you for your 5 star review of your recent stay with our hotel. I appreciate you letting us know about the problem with the HVAC unit in room 317, I will have our maintenance team see if we can make any improvements. I would also like to thank you for your kind words about Andrew. He does a great job and I'll be sure to pass your comments along to him. I know he will appreciate it as he takes a lot of pride in his job! I'm glad to hear you had a super stay and we will all look forward to seeing your family again if your travels bring you back to Portland.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Staying at a Starwood hotel in a month due to two free nights I received. They don't have complimentary breakfast or free internet! I will never stray from Hilton, and have told a number of my employees that no hotel chain has the number of options and price points, in any given metro area, as Hilton.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Dan E,

Thank you for your 5 star rating from your recent stay. We really appreciate your promotion of the Hilton family of hotels. Of course, we also think Hilton has the best value and accommodations around! Enjoy your upcoming free Starwood stay and we'll look forward to seeing you again when you next travel to Portland.

Best Regards,