“I Hate Thin Floors”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Florida
“I Hate Thin Floors”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I picked this hotel since it had good reviews, I was extremely disappointed. The people above me must have been throwing around suitcases or bodies and it was loud and didn't stop til midnight and started again around 7am, so I slept very poorly. Overpriced to me. If you stay here get a room on the top floor, which I should have done. Location is convenient though. I wish hotels that served "hot" breakfast would realize that food in those silver warming trays never stays hot. I was happy I only stayed here two nights.

Room Tip: Top floor only. If not available go elsewhere.
1 Thank proftravlr
EmbassyPortlandGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear proftravlr,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I’m very sorry we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the noisy neighbors and thin floors. I hope you will contact me directly at stacy.oreilly@hilton.com or 207-482-4360 when you next travel to Portland so we can make sure your next stay meets your expectations.

Stacy OReilly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Colleyville, Texas
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I have stayed in Embassy Suites all over the US and this is by far the best one I have ever stayed in. Hotel is updated and very clean, there is plenty of parking and it is free, rooms are arranged different that typical Embassy, but that is alright because they are slighty bigger. If you get upgraded you will get to enjoy the free vending machines they have on floors 5 & 6. Overall great hotel. Would come back again if I was in Portland.

Pros: great location, excellent staff,
Cons: small breakfast area, can hear airport noise when planes leave.

1 Thank TSP2014
EmbassyPortlandGM, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear TSP2014,
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate your kind words. The complimentary vending machine you mentioned in your review, is part of a new program at many Embassy Suites, nationwide. We have created a new class of room: our Premium Suites. These suites include unlimited snacks and drinks from the vending cabinet, faster wi-fi access, and a few in-room enhancements, including Keurig k-cup hot beverage makers! We're glad you enjoyed one of these suites and hope to see you back again!

Timothy Prosser
Assistant GM
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Every year, thousands of parents flock to Portland for a Saturday night stay before visiting their children at sleep away camp. We are no different. But for the past five years, we have not been particularly thrilled with any of the mediocre choices, until now. The Embassy Suites in Portland had it all. The price, although extremely high for this city, is competitive with the other hotels on this big weekend. The hotel included free drink tickets, a complimentary snack buffet and a full hot breakfast. There was a fire pit outside at night. The bar was open late and the room was huge. It is truly a suite with an outer sitting area and tons of room. We will only stay here going forward, when we need an easy place to stay in Portland for visiting day. They also have a pool, spa and fitness center but we were not there long enough to enjoy these facilities.

Room Tip: Our room was quiet. Not sure which side it was on but we were on the 6th floor
1 Thank Denise R
N. Adams, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Would avoid this restaurant for dinner. New chef we were served RANCID mussels ordered two appetizers and were told 15 minutes later we don't have any.We love Embassy Suites but this dinner was totally unacceptable and ruined our stay. Morning breakfast and Managers Reception were fabulous. The room was clean

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

2 Thank James T
PWMGM, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear James,
I would like to apologize for the quality of your dinner and would appreciate the opportunity to follow-up with you, directly. We take great pride in the quality of our service and I am surprised, and disturbed to hear about your experience. As you said in your review, this is unacceptable and I would like to make things right with you. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and I would be very grateful if you could contact me at 207-775-2200 or tim.prosser@hilton.com.

Tim Prosser
Assistant General Manager
Kentucky
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This hotel is conveniently located right next to the airport but you can be downtown in the touristy area within 15 minutes. Rooms are nice and clean. Breakfast and nightly cocktail hour are consistent with other ES hotels that I have stayed at. I was here on business and will definitely choose the property again in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Island100
Dear Island100,
Thank you so much for posting your positive review on Tripadvisor, we truly appreciate your support. We look forward to hosting you on your future visits and making each a pleasant and memorable experience.

Tim Prosser
Assistant General Manager
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed 24 July 2014

If you do not mind driving into this hornet's nest of a city, the hotel is ok. Bring plenty of quarters or better yet dollar bills for parking..you are going to need them! It is a good 15 minutes drive into the city and then the fun part begins. This city might as well be Manhattan when it comes to parking.

Meters..Only $1 per hour with a maximum of two hours..YOU CANNOT FEED THE METER. So, if you are taking a tour lasting more than two hours, park in one of their many private lots..There are no municipal lots created for tourists. Plenty of private lots though. They range from $30 to only $45 for the day. Enjoy!

Room Tip: stay in town
Green Features: If you stay here, be prepared for a horrible parking experience downtown.
4 Thank ILUVFOOD
San Diego
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed here for two nights and I really could not find a negative to say about it. The rooms were clean, well stocked and refurbished. If I had to complain, the a/c was the old type, in the wall and noisy but that is about it. The breakfast was excellent, the evening cocktail hour, just as good.