“Unbelieveable Customer Service!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 November 2010

I have written reviews, some good, some bad and I have always waited until I return home! This review will have to be the exception. I am currently staying at this hotel and I have never received the service that I have received since I arrived this afternoon! I ordered room service and it was here within 15 minutes! The food was VERY good. The front desk employees were welcoming, friendly and professional. The room is quiet, even though it is very close to the airport. It is clean and comfortable.(I AM SO HAPPY THEY STILL HAVE SMOKING ROOMS AVAILABLE)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had requested prior to my stay to have extra pillows and coffee. The pillows were on the bed but the extra coffee was not. I called the front desk and within 5 minutes there was my additional coffee, extra cream and sugar just like I asked for!!! Then, I called later (I'm sure the front desk was probably very tired of me by now) and asked where the snack machine was located. They don't have snack machines but do have a gift shop downstairs. I made the comment that I would have to get dressed to come down there and MUCH TO MY SURPRISE, the lady at the front desk asked me what I wanted, I told her and within 2-3 minutes my candy bar was being delivered (NO additional charge) I love the set up at the Embassy Suites and stay at them when ever there is one available. I have had mostly great experiences with Embassy and some not so great (The Embassy Suites in San Juan is HORRIBLE) This Embassy is top notch and they should be given an award for their customer service!!! Unmatched even in the 5 star hotels I haven't experienced this kind of service! Thank you Embassy Suites Portland Maine...YOU ROCK!!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,465)

Reviewed 7 November 2010

I ended up here for one night due to a ridiculous Jet Blue flight. That is another story! The staff was friendly and the airport taxi showed up promptly. When I arrived the elevator was down. I meandered through the front grass and upstairs to my room. No big deal because the weather was fine and they offered to bring my luggage up when it was fixed. The stairs are outside the building. My room felt very institutional. The couch was stiff like a doctor's office and the room colors were a dirty looking cream color. When I took a shower I stood in backed-up water. The noise from I believe another room was loud. I believe it was a very loud bathroom fan that ran from 7pm to 10:30pm. I had to turn up the tv to a crazy level to hear it. The bed was comfortable. Because of the depressing room and noise I would likely not pick again as I do stay in Portland a few times a year.

Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 October 2010

We had an excellent experience at the Embassy Suites. Our room was spacious and clean. The included breakfast was terrific and the nightly free happy hour was an added bonus. We used the fitness center and pool. There is no noise from the airport and it is convenient to downtown Portland and the waterfront. We have a daughter in college nearby and we plan to stay at the Embassy Suites during future visits.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2010

As usual, the Embassy Suites did not disappoint. The first thing I saw from the runway when we landed very late was the bright red lights for the hotel. You could walk to it if you really wanted, but we had a rental car. I was worried that the rooms would be noisy since it's right off the runway, but I didn't have any issues (although our room was in front so maybe that's why). To get downtown is maybe a 15-20 minute drive, along with access to major highways. The breakfast is extensive- includes omelettes, waffles, bacon, sausage, potatoes, eggs, muffins, cereals, fruit, yogurt, etc. The "manager's reception" in the evening is pretty nice, too, with snacks and drink available to guests. The front desk staff was very helpful- they have pre-printed directions for all major attractions and they were quick to give me more information on anything I needed. Overall, great stay!

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 9 October 2010

For the money, it was okay. No parking fee, but not within any attractions. Very noisey a/c. Good selection for breakfast, but were rushed every morning. Staff continually asking if you're done. Were only there during one evening's manager reception, but it was good. Tiny bathroom, sm. vanity area. Bedroom didn't have door. I would recommend only with the previous explanation so expectations would not be too high.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2010

The requirements are simple, comfort, accomodating service, cleanliness, hospitality and this Embassy Suite has it all. My wife and I felt at home with two flat screen TV"s and comfy beds. We enjoyed a great cooked to order free breakfast in the morning before we toured the lovely city of Portland and a wonderful gregarious manager's reception with free open bar in the early evening. The city's best restaurants and attractions are a couple miles away. We stumbled upon this unpretentious gem near the airport and we're going there again as soon as we find the time!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2010

I stayed here with a friend last summer...The hotel was beautiful, clean, and the location was great! We especially enjoyed the managers reception, the bartender was great and provided us with a lot of places to visit in the area. The room was modern and clean. We loved this hotel!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends