My husband and I stayed for 2 nights while visiting Portland. This hotel is about a 10-15 min drive to downtown Portland, but we wanted the Maine Mall and it was 2 exits from the mall. The I-95 was just around the corner, either north or south. Check in went smoothly and we received a ground floor room. It had 2 double beds that were comfortable and roomy. The whole place, including the rooms, was clean. We had a huge flat screen tv in our room as well as a mini fridge and microwave.
On site, there is an outdoor and an indoor pool, that are both quite nice. There is a business center for internet use and a free continental breakfast in the morning - fruit salad and yougurt, cold cereals, toast, muffins and juice and coffee. There is a restaurant, but we didn't use it. Across the road is a Kohl, grocery store, Ruby Tuesday and a couple of other stores.
The staff was friendly and helpful, even to some of the less than polite customers that felt getting drunk at their function was okay and then being beligerant and rude to everyone. The front desk staff earned their pay the weekend we stayed; not sure I could have been as nice as them.
We will definitely stay here again when we return to Portland!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer today’s features with yesterday’s charm. Just minutes from the Portland Jetport and situated directly off I-95 Exit 48, our travel-friendly location is easily accessible. With its comfortable rooms, courtyard views and hospitality, the Fireside Inn & Suites Portland is the ideal choice for you and your family while visiting the Greater Portland Area.While staying with us, we invite you to enjoy Zackery’s Fireside Restaurant for dinner and evening entertainment. Our menus appeal to a wide set of tastes and we are extremely proud of our Staff. Please browse them at your leisure. We serve breakfast, dinner and wonderful desserts! We also have a full bar in Zack’s Club Lounge and offer drink specials for Happy Hour. We are pretty creative with martinis too! Whether you are joining us for business or pleasure, we are waiting for you! While you are here, why not relax by our Lobby Fireplace. Enjoy our late afternoon complimentary fresh coffee right here! Stay with us and each guest will receive a FREE Isamax Snacks Wicked Whoopie Pie! The Whoopie Pie is Maine’s Official State Treat (officially becoming law on September 28, 2011)! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Fireside Inn & Suites Portland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fireside Inn & Suites Portland Hotel Portland
- Fireside Inn And Suites Portland
- Holiday Inn Portland
- Portland Holiday Inn
- Fireside Inn & Suites Portland Maine