“Good place to stay”

Fireside Inn & Suites Portland
Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My girlfriend and I were shopping and looking for a nice clean and safe place to stay. They were helpful (my reservations got lost but they still accommodated us) and we were happy to have a yummy breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Norbert20
firesideinnportland, Front Office Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us about your stay in Portland at the Fireside Inn and Suites. We are happy our staff was able to accommodate you and your girlfriend and were helpful in finding you a room. Our complimentary continental breakfast is offered every morning, and we also have a restaurant which serves a hot breakfast and dinner option. Please come visit us again soon!

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Only slept here and didn't use any of the amenities. I was very impressed with the cleanliness and comfort.. The lobby is very welcoming and attractive, I liked that the fire was going in the fireplace. It has a nice location, close to airport, mall and Maine turnpike. The staff were all very helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank dwickert

Thanks for taking the time to review us online. We really appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Portland Fireside Inn and Suites. On your next trip we hope you’ll get to enjoy all our hotel has to offer. We have complimentary breakfast each morning, as well as a restaurant serving hot breakfast and dinner. We also have two pools, an indoor and an outdoor. Our hotel offers complimentary Wi-Fi and shuttle service 24 hours a day to the Airport, Bus Station, and Train Station. We appreciate the kind words you had to say, and look forward to having you visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I took my wife away for a 4 day birthday weekend. This was our first time staying at the Fireside. We had the suite with the fireplace and loved it. It was a snowy Maine weekend and we were able to snuggle in front of the fire and watch the snow come down. The suite is made up of two large rooms which were very clean and filled with comfortable clean furniture. No bad smells as you sometime get even in much more expensive hotels. A odd but nice feature of the room was the fact that it had two bathrooms. Other features we liked were the two 42" TVs which we were able to attach to our Tablet and watch Netflix via the excellent WiFi at the hotel. Also the coffee pot usually found in hotel rooms was replaced with a nice K-Cup machine stocked with Green Mountain Coffee. The Hotel has many comfortable places to sit and chat and the lobby has a nice roaring fireplace to sit in front of, along with free coffee in the afternoon and free popcorn. The staff was super nice and helpful. The only thing I can ding them for is the heavy on carbs free breakfast, I expected more based on the rest of the hotel. But we will become a regular customer based on this stay!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter Z

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us and Happy Belated Birthday to your wife! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us while in the Portland area. The fireplace rooms certainly are a nice place to rest during the winter time. We will be adding more fireplaces to more rooms over this coming year. We hope you’ll try our restaurant for breakfast next time; they have lots of yummy offerings too! Our staff looks forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

My boyfriend and I wanted to go away for New Year's Eve this year.
we don't like the party kind of stuff so we figured a nice little getaway would be perfect. I found Fireside while I was searching the web for hotels with jacuzzis in the rooms. I emailed for more information and got an email back from someone not even 5 minutes later. I booked the room and we just got back. it was the most amazing New Years I've ever had thanks to the fireside's jacuzzi room. we walked into the room and saw a plain room with king bed, I looked at my boyfriend and said we were supposed to get a jacuzzi, he opened the door on the wall and there was a whole separate living room with couches and a big tv and the jacuzzi! it was perfect! I recommend this hotel to anyone, not only couples like us, but families too! It was a great stay, staff was very warm and welcoming, and just the overall atmosphere was great!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank alexf0531
firesideinnportland, Front Office Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share such positive feedback with us! It’s nice to know when we’re doing a good job, and we are happy to hear we succeeded in our goal to provide exceptional hospitality. Our hotel currently has a total of three suites. One has a hot tub, and two others have fireplaces. All of our suites have a king sized bed in a separate bedroom, with an attached living room area. The living room has a massage chair too! These are great for getaways at any time of the year! We appreciate the recommendation to other future guests. Please come back and visit us the next time you’re in the area!

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Warm welcome! Personal, professional, just wonderful! Michael made check-in quick and so pleasant. It was my first time there and yet I immediately felt like a regular guest. I'd traveled through a small blizzard to get there and the fireplace in the lobby was like home-coming. The whole place is immaculate and the room was flawless. A mini-fridge and microwave in the room and the location being so close to a supermarket (across the road) made it a pure delight for little snacks that could be warmed and enjoyed without having to travel. The location is super, so close to the interstate. And when I needed directions, Michael knows his town best. You can't beat that. I'm already planning on returning to the Portland/Saco area in the warmer weather and part of those plans include the Fireside Inn. Just wonderful! Very New England even in the midst of all the development around it. So worth the travel, even through the blizzard! I want to thank everybody who maintains the place because they really do a wonderful job! Oh, and the breakfast offerings were fresh and delicious. Even the coffee was wonderful! Most other places serve "tinted water". Here, the coffee was a great way to welcome the day (and there was a Keurig in the room so that was nice but the coffee at breakfast, by the fireplace? can't be beat).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank LoupNordique
firesideinnportland, Front Office Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Thank you for sharing with us your positive experience at the Fireside Inn and Suites Portland. It sounds like we met our goal to provide you with spotlessly clean rooms, superior service and hospitality. Michael is thrilled to know he made your stay with us a memorable one. We appreciate all the kind words you have to say about your time here, and look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Stayed for 2 nights on business after driving for almost 9 hours through a blizzard and the welcome I received was, well, so personal and kind that I felt better than if I'd come to the home of family. The lobby alone is worth the time there; fireplace glowing warmly and there's one in the breakfast area as well! The hallways and the room were all spotless, court-yard where the out-door pool is (though in December there's not much cause to use it) looks like a postcard! The breakfast items were fresh, delicious. And over-all I have to say that I'm not the most pleasant guest/customer because I tend to have high expectations but the Fireside met and even exceeded. If you can't be happy here, best you stay home. I'm thankful to everyone at the Fireside and look forward to going back for vacation time!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Wow, thank you for such kind words regarding your recent stay with us at the Fireside Inn and Suites. We are so happy we were able to go above and beyond your expectations. Our staff is committed to providing exceptional customer service to each and every guest. We are glad to know you enjoyed your time in Portland. Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 29 November 2013

We stayed at the Fireside Inn for a summer wedding and enjoyed it. We returned two weeks ago and will return again next week. The place is clean, the staff pleasant and the accomodations quite comfortable. It is an older place, but we were quite pleased. In the summer families seemed to be enjoying the outdoor pool area very much. The lobby is spacious and offers a separate business work area with internet and printers. The staff is very helpful. I got a better price booking directly through the front desk rather than through a booking internet service. The restaurant food was fine, and we were satisfied with the continental breakfast offered. I wish they gave a discount for enthusiasts who return often! We recommend this hotel and look forward to returning for our third stay in six months.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Trudy6092

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback with us! We really appreciate you letting us know how we’re doing. We are happy to hear you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us each time you’ve visited the Portland area. We do offer a frequent stayer program for repeat guests that you may be interested in called Welcome Home Rewards. Please ask about it on your next trip so we can qualify you! Thank you for continuing to choose us as your preferred hotel. See you soon!